Sierra De Segura Revisited!

Pete
This post is 6461 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This time without getting lost, and without a Beemer! Cos I took this one!

xts49.jpg

Same old thing during the Summer months.....out by 10am and back by 2pm. Cos 2-5 is mucho calor bebe!

First, it was across to Puedla de Don Fadrique and then up the infamous Santiago road with 25 miles of narrow twisties.

sds1.jpg

sds4.jpg

Then a stop for coffee in Santiago.....

xts51.jpg

Great views all around too!

sds2.jpg

Then back on the road....it's always deserted!

xts50.jpg

Then mile after mile through the mountain roads!

sds5.jpg

You might think this would be a good place to go offroad....but I wouldn't risk it!

Why? Am I worried about getting the bike dirty? Of course I am! Who isn't? :unsure:

Too hot for offroading? Bloody right!

But there's another reason! Cos everytime I stopped, took my helmet off and earplugs out....the sound of thousands of things hissing was deafening. So bad that I could barely hear anything on my mobile! It was absolutely thunderous! Now, it may not be snakes.....but I'm not taking any bloody risks!

sds3.jpg

So I stuck to the road! Much safer....and cleaner! :lol:

xts52.jpg

In total, about 120 miles today....making 220 miles for the XT this weekend. And it's had a real caning, but it runs much better for it.

I'm so busy at the moment that I've just got to grab a few hours here and there....but in Spain there's so much space to explore, and the roads are so quiet, that any run is enjoyable!

And the roads are dry too! Which is nice! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sds1.jpg

sds5.jpg

I'd love to blitz down those roads on my XT! B) ....& I'm certainly NOT afraid of getting it dirty either! :P

Nice report Pete!.....Looks amazingly similar to Central Oregon where I've been exploring this summer ;)

hi pete! what have you got now then?? i'm commuting and doing runs at the weekend on my '78 cb550/4 still.having loads of fun racking up the miles on it, really fun wee bike.my dads mate used to own it we found out too which is nice :) btw the gsxrs gone now so its gay honda, no shitzuki, shared car with vikki and back to basics. just how i like it B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online