Dealership said they have lost the keys

TG Rainman
This post is 1618 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,
So ill start with giving you a little back story
 Ive recently just done my CBT and im looking to get my first bike (YamahaYS 125 used)
There has been none in my local area for a while now and ive been considering biting the bullet and getting one delivered from down south, one has popped up that i really like and dealership has been great in sending me pictures and information but i asked for a video of the bike running and riding and he said "I won’t be able to send you a video of it running though, as it needs a new lock set. The keys have been misplaced and we can’t find them. So the bike will have a brand new ignition and whole new lock set."is this anything to worry about? 

I would really appreciate any feedback
Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well if it was me the first thing I would think would be it's a stolen recovered or a repo! Repo's are usually taken without the keys as the owner? usually tells them to "fuck off" when they come to take it away. If it has a new log book (V5) when you get it then call the previous owner and ask them why they got rid of it, if they tell you it's a repo then send it back. Otherwise things do get lost at dealerships and it might be an honest mistake.

They call me cynic...... 

Dealer promises....... I'd keep looking. I would be very reluctant to buy a bike sight unseen. Especially not running. 

Do you have anything in writing for the condition its it. Any guarantee. 

Don't like it myself. 

• Like 1

I’m inclined to agreed with Cynic. Be very careful indeed. I’m assuming you have the reg? Could you do some searches online? Don’t part with any cash unless you’re certain things are covered.

• Like 1

OK I'm going with Bippo and Cynic, give it a miss and find something nearer and running, a bike you can see and hear is much better than one your told about by some guy who want's to flog it!

• Like 1

@slice @bippo @Cynic Ok ill keep looking :(  There is a Yamaha YBR 125 in white, 2016, 9000 miles for £1800 and my budget is 2k (comes with top box too)  at a dealership near me so im going to go have a look at that tomorrow, i prefer the YS for the digital display and some what better looks but there is none locally that i can check out.  i just want to hurry up and get my first bike im like a kid at Christmas lol 
Really appreciate the feedback, Thank you all. 

Edited by TG Rainman

1 hour ago, TG Rainman said:

@slice @bippo @Cynic Ok ill keep looking :(  There is a Yamaha YBR 125 in white, 2016, 9000 miles for £1800 and my budget is 2k (comes with top box too)  at a dealership near me so im going to go have a look at that tomorrow, i prefer the YS for the digital display and some what better looks but there is none locally that i can check out.  i just want to hurry up and get my first bike im like a kid at Christmas lol 
Really appreciate the feedback, Thank you all. 

As boring as it may feel, you really can't go wrong with the YBR.   It was my first bike too.   Look after it and hopefully sell it for the same price once you move onto a bigger bike 😁

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online