Hardest day.

Cynic
This post is 1644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sunday. Wow. 

Sad, proud,? you just don't realise just how big a part of you is taken up by your kids. 

Dropped my eldest at Sheffield uni to study psychology yesterday. Proud as punch she is making her way and doing well, totally gutted she is 100 plus miles away.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

mine have done all their uni stuff now.

luckily they stayed in Manchester and thus home.

Oldest is fleeing the nest to live in Denmark in December so that's going to smart.

Ouch.

Yep that will sting.

We said it's not like she is going to war or the other side of the world (our neighbours son emigrated to Australia). 

Know how you feel. Our youngest left school and went straight to uni. Lived on the campus for the first two years, then house shared for the next four, then travelled every day for another two years. Worth it all for her, as shes doing exactly what she wanted to do from an early age. I've always reckoned that if you put the work and effort in with children when they're younger, they should do ok on their own.

Both my kids left home in the same month nine years ago, my youngest now lives 200 miles away in the Pool and my eldest lives about 5000 miles away in China.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online