Germany, black forest

drewpy
This post is 1646 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

planning a route to Germany and the black forest.

does anyone have must see places to visit/stay on the way there. Was thinking going into Italy for the passes too.

Got 10 days and landing in Zeebrugge or Rotterdam via Hull ferry

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got the bug for mile munching then Andy? 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Cynic said:

Got the bug for mile munching then Andy? 

certainly on the TDM, piece of cake on that

I’m in the Black Forest now, Drewps [emoji846] heading off the the Alps tomorrow. Camping the whole way.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, bippo said:

I’m in the Black Forest now, Drewps [emoji846] heading off the the Alps tomorrow. Camping the whole way.

nice, we're going in August but let me know how it goes and any tips to visit and the alps too.

Have fun

Todtnau and Titisee (lol)

Feldbergpass [the legengary part of the B500]

A lot of Swabia is good. The roads around Albstadt and back towards Stuttgart are amazing and not well known - G-Earth is worth looking to see the climbs and decents and find the hairpins. Eg. Gosheim and the Lemberg and the road to Lichtenstein castle.

Go over the Vosges too. The Route de Ballons is as good - i did it once in the snow - got turned around at 4000ft by some Elsassien forestry guy who must have thought i was nuts.

+ the wooden footbridge on the Rhine. +there is also a great biker cafe not far from the Hohentwiel, but youll need to google for it.

Germany has some many awesome roads and many are not well known to UK riders. Lots of hairpins in wooded districts with little traffic.

Edited by pilninggas
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online