YBR 125 Engine noise

Olgerz
This post is 1668 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello!

First time here, non english, so forgive me for any typos etc. 

My YBR 125 engine (on Derbi Senda frame) started to make weird noise. Before that engine ran smoothly. Now power is lower than usual but it runs and shifts like it should. 

Link to video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPZ5RVSqEQ

What it could be? 

I've opened the engine up and no major flaws are seen. Im changing 125cc to 150cc anyway.

Edited by Olgerz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Best guess, hole in the piston or busted piston rings!

Or a burnt valve,  if you"ve been running without the air filter ,  its running too well in vid,, for a holed  Piston ,

Thank you for replying. Piston is OK, no holes, rings seems to be also OK - don't know how to measure them. Will replace all parts anyway.

Valves are opening and closing properly in my opinion - should I replace the valves and other parts?

What about that periodic humming sound? Could it be bearing or something? Don't want to open both crankcases for nothing..

Edited by Olgerz

If you are fitting the 150 I think you would be making a mistake not taking the engine right down. 

Then when built back up you know it will handle the extra. If you have stripped the top end down. Splitting the cases is really not much more. 

At the moment you could be fitting a lot of expensive parts to, maybe a bad crank bearing?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online