Time has come...

Cynic
This post is 1426 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Pulled the trigger on a vmax this evening. Practically stole the damn thing. She is lightly modded to exactly how I would tweak a max. Motorcycle bucket list complete. 

So if anybody wants a tdr...... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If I didn't need to do distance riding I'd have one.

I assume it's the unlimited dogs dangelies full power machine 😎

Congrats & piccies please.

Yep, blue spots and wavey disks up front so it stops. De chromed (ace) and yes full power 1500 mile motor in it. Pics when I pick it up. 

15 hours ago, Cynic said:

Pulled the trigger on a vmax this evening. ......... Motorcycle bucket list complete. 

So if anybody wants a tdr...... 

Brilliant mate, well done. I felt the exact same when I picked up my Trident....38yrs I waited and it was worth it, as I hope it is for you

Bloody hell mate, I can hardly keep up with the tdr I have no chance now! Well done fella about time you arrived in the 20th century. :) 

Well. not quite its a 96 lol. 

Need to put pics up. It's de chromed apart from the tailpipes with flat black bodywork.

Done nice and looks meaner than telling the wife her sister is a better shag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I let it be known to the tdr forum and within 24 hrs there is a list of people wanting to see it. 

Hand on heart. Wales actually sealed the deal. It was bloody hard work keeping it on the boil. My ankle and knee were killing me by the time I got home. 

Also I have always said. Leaving a bike to die a slow death as an investment is not me.  I had it, enjoyed it and now it's time to change and let somebody else loose with it. Like your 750 John. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the pics - de-chromed sounds like a good choice to me!

Absolutely gutted about the TDR though...

15 hours ago, Cynic said:

I let it be known to the tdr forum and within 24 hrs there is a list of people wanting to see it. 

Hand on heart. Wales actually sealed the deal. It was bloody hard work keeping it on the boil. My ankle and knee were killing me by the time I got home. 

Also I have always said. Leaving a bike to die a slow death as an investment is not me.  I had it, enjoyed it and now it's time to change and let somebody else loose with it. Like your 750 John. 

I suppose your right to let it go, but what about those days where you just want a blast on C and B roads?

The FZ lacks what the TDM has but bloody hell its ace on the twisties and I come back buzzing from the ride.

Lol. You think there isn't a buzz. 

Ever ridden one. They should be illegal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep pics coming when I remember how.... 

Mot'd her Saturday. Now christened Trigger as from what we can figure the only parts of the original bike are the loom and frame. 

Oh. I have ridden some quick stuff in my time, a 1260 bandit, an 08 blade, couple of gsxr 750's. It's not the same. Sweets mercy this thing (considering it's from 1985, mines a 98). Just re writes the word fast. It really is ridiculous. The way it accelerates takes your breath away. I'm in love. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's different. It's the torque. Makes anything seem peaky. 

Any time, any gear, any rpm yank it's chain and it's off.

It's not subtle like an in line 4 either. It's old school angry gsxr type shove. You got to respect it. 

Coming from peaky 600's and 10 years of 2 stroke quite honestly it's hard to get your head round. 

I feel like I'm 16years old again when I start it. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Good on ya, you've been wanting one for a while now 

📸📸📸

Cheers Pat, have already started messing with it. 17inch superlight wheels, 120 front 180 rear, 4into 1 on the way (worth 10hp on a stock bike, with what I lose to the slash cuts my gain is nearer 20).

Might even fit some usd forks I got my hands on.

You just cant help it.

• 2 months later...

📸  😜 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online