'79 XS750SF Restore Project

Mark1979
This post is 1687 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Starting a restore project on a 1979 XS750 Special. So far I've mostly cleaned  everything under the seat and tank. I removed carbs today and found a great deal of oil in right side of triple. That means I have a bad petcock on that side allowing too much fuel to enter and flood chamber bringing oil back to the carb. No problem since I plan on rebuilding them anyway. Should I rebuild carbs or can I get away with just cleaning them? Also ordering starter and flasher relays since I'm having electrical issues with lights and etc. Just installed a new battery cover/fuse box. The old one had been removed and was direct wired in the most horrific way imaginable. I figured it was because they bypassed bad relays. Any thoughts on these subjects greatly appreciated.  

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi mark. i mind of the xs750  when new,  mate bought one,, shaft drive too, it was our first delv into Four strokes,  What type of carbs ? , if its not diaphrams i would just ultra sonic clean them,  ,,.Performance aint startling ,  a well kitted Lc350  will out drag yeh ,,😎

20 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Hi mark. i mind of the xs750  when new,  mate bought one,, shaft drive too, it was our first delv into Four strokes,  What type of carbs ? , if its not diaphrams i would just ultra sonic clean them,  ,,.Performance aint startling ,  a well kitted Lc350  will out drag yeh ,,😎

I decided to rebuild them. No since chancing it over $60. Also switching flasher and headlight relays to LED. I plan on riding late at night when there's less traffic here in the foothills of North Carolina. I want to be seen from all angles so I'm going to LED everything. Even thinking about LED's on my helmet. 😁

• Haha 1

N/c ,   i "ve been there ,Elizebeth City,  and Cape Hateras ,  aint that big hurricane  about to hit you lot ,?.  you be up Raleigh   way ,eh ,

On 9/5/2019 at 3:56 PM, blackhat250 said:

N/c ,   i "ve been there ,Elizabeth City,  and Cape Hatteras ,  aint that big hurricane  about to hit you lot ,?.  you be up Raleigh   way ,eh ,

Yeah, a lot of friends in family had some damage but everyone's safe.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online