Anybody know of a chap called Mick in Crook Co. Durham?

DutchFJ1200
This post is 1684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I believe he's got a few bikes, Kawa's & Yams?

Dunno if he's on here ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No but I know a few crooks called Mick.....None from Durham tho

• Haha 1

Perhaps he's Mook from Crick? Nope ok then!

23 hours ago, DutchFJ1200 said:

There's a story to this 🤣

Crook

at that price, they'd better be

Well, I'm still looking at a younger FJ with lower mileage.  Don't really want to change bikes/models if I can help it.

Auction came up, and threw a few bids in a few minutes before the end.  Every 'kin time I was outbid.  Even when going way above what I was prepared to pay so I suspected either a snipe program was at work or more suspicious shenanigans.  Then I got a bit excited in the last 15 seconds and my phat fingers produced a 5 figure number.  Shat myself for 2 seconds, missus declared me a lunatic ....... bang .... the other party went over the top of that, and that was the end of that.

Result of all this is :

1) The other party not checking his snipe or numbers in front of him - and now bricking it because he's under a legal contract to pay.  If he doesn't he'll have to answer to fleabay.

2) The seller is less than impressed because he'll be hit for ebay fees on that number knowing he'll never ever see that money and accusing me for that.

Somehow the chap refuses to talk to me even after explaining what happened + apologies.

Ah well, you live and learn. 😑

3 hours ago, DutchFJ1200 said:

Result of all this is :

1) The other party not checking his snipe or numbers in front of him - and now bricking it because he's under a legal contract to pay.  If he doesn't he'll have to answer to fleabay.

2) The seller is less than impressed because he'll be hit for ebay fees on that number knowing he'll never ever see that money and accusing me for that.

Somehow the chap refuses to talk to me even after explaining what happened + apologies.

Ah well, you live and learn. 😑

1) So fk, don't lose any sleep over it, that is his concern

2) So fk, nothing to do with you......If you were top bidder then some explaining, but as you were outbid then, again fk em

and the chap refusing to speak with you, so fk, fk em

One will come up, or I can point you in the direction of a few Triumphs I know for sale ;);) 

5 hours ago, drewpy said:

You may get 2nd dibs if the winner doesn't pay up. 

Yup, for £11.499 (rather that the 1499 I was aiming for) ....no thanks.... lol 🤣

• Haha 1

Not me, I'm Mick from Cirencester but Mike from Chippenham. Not guilty M'lord.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online