New Bike Same Sick Feeling

This post is 1694 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all 

Just brought myself a restoration project. Same model I had from new in 1981

XT250. 

Hell of a lot of work coming up but ive done a couple of different bikes  before

Suzuki T500J and a Bonneville T100 concourse. Both on youtube

Ive still got that sick feeling and not sure if its excitement to start or worrying ill never finish it. Look forward to picking your  brains when ive got my head round the bikes history. 

Goes without saying bits are scarce, so im up for anyone contacting me saying they got every bit i need  :)

cheers

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Xtt"  ,good bikes the 250,  i"d say exhausts and the rear  tail light bracket are the   rare parts ,  .:welcome:

Right hand side panel plastic proved tricky.  

Sourced second hand from Japan!

Pics all look good so fingers crossed.

Bash plate and chainguard proving tricky too!

all good fun and hours of my life on ebay

• Like 1

Had one & drove one for a looooong time.  Was a bit of 1/2 a barn find but all complete.

Cleaned out the tank and the carb.  For the next 10 years only threw fuel, lube oil and tires at it. (and a new stainless exhaust)

Problem free little bike for the daily commute but sold it to replace it by the FJ.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online