New rider, first bike: Yamaha SR125

This post is 851 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

Brand new rider from western Europe here. 

Picked up an SR125 on the cheap, but in great shape. 

I love riding it for my daily commute and experience the "character" of an older carbureted engine. 

Cheerz!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there ,.the SR  ,is a hardy wee bike,, bullet proof,  take some punishment,  .just kee😎p sevices up .

Hi 

Welcome to the forum. Great wee bikes. My boy learned to ride on one, and once he passed his test he sold it on for what he paid, so obviously a market for them

• 2 years later...

The first thing you should know about this class of bikes is that they are made to be exactly what you need them to be. If you're looking for a bike that can climb or cruise, then the SR125 is great at that. It perfectly balances power and efficiency, yet doesn't sacrifice weight on either end. What it does sacrifice is handling, but given the fact that most of these bikes will be used aggressively all around town or on light trails make this more than an acceptable compromise.
Seating position on this bike improves comfort dramatically over other similar offerings considering the size and power the engine provides regardless of your weight distribution amongst riders (more if there's more) given its compact proportions

• Like 1

Phew davidjimrd, that was a bit technical, all Vraetzught was doing was a brilliant intro to the forum.
But, what a fantastic bit of info you posted.
Mike.