Hello from new owner

This post is 1733 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had the chance last week to purchase a Yamaha XV535DX Virago last week, it was my wife's late Uncle's, it's a 2001, he was second owner from 2004. It is in mint condition (only done 14 mile from last July 2018, and 7300 miles in total. It's a great little bike to ride and enjoy. Just have a couple of questions for some help/Advice please.

Q1. Unfortunately it did not come with a steering lock key (her Aunty can't find it), have tried finding somewhere to get a replacement key but no luck, have seen sets on ebay for compete set of Tank Cap, Helmet Lock, Ignition & Steering Lock but they seem a bit cheap £29 !. Or a steering lock from a bike store for £28 but how to get old one out ?.

Q2. Not too keen on the side stand as it has too much lean, is there anyway of making it a bit more upright or getting hold of a 2nd hand center stand.

Many thanks for your advice😉

Kev

IMG_20190711_193319.jpg

for forum.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's how they sit on the stand, more lean is better than less. As to the steering lock its security value is zero. If you really really must have the key try your Yamaha dealer.

As long as you have the key number and the v5 to prove its yours (and provide the vin) they should be able to get you a key.

Thanks Cynic

I will settle with the lean then, but will look out for a Center Stand on ebay😉, As I don't have a key for the lock, all I have is that number that's stamped on the Lock itself 0141, so I hope that will do with the V5 and Vin number.

Hi kev,,   yeh the lock nmber  is  suffice,,  ,i havna seen a virago on a centerstand,  is there mounts on frame ,? :welcome:

Hi mate

Ok that's good to know then about the lock number. Well looking underneath there seems to be an area where a center stand can be bolted through, and have seen stands for sale on various bike sites but not paying silly money for one😉