Electronic locking on 2016 onwards T max seriously flawed

This post is 1727 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I strongly  advise all Tmax 530 owners from 2016 with electronic locks to consider that  their locking system and electronic ignition is seriously flawed, that it has no security whatsoever.

At 1.30 this morning my Tmax 530 was stolen in under 3 Minutes, with a disc lock as well.

The steering lock is a joke. See pictures. Cannot upload them.

I had a 20 14 T max 530 max stolen and recovered as well. It was lifted up and carted away and dumped up the Road, but the steering lock held up and it could not be ridden away.

The unbelievable bit about the above is that with all the security module left with the wiring hanging out, it was still just ridden away.

I had previously raised concerns about the steering lock just two months ago but was told by yamaha it couldn't be broken if the electrics were interrupted. It is the most unbelivable flimsy system on a 9-11000£ motor cycle.

Pictures of the problem can be provided on request.

I'm now looking at an excess of £950 to get it  repaired. It's been a great day.

Yamaha are not really interested at all in the problem.

When I first got the bike a few months later  it stopped working twice completely dead in the space of a week, one waiting 6 hrs for it to be recovered it transpired that you can't have your iPhone and the keys in the same pocket. It's interesting as yamaha said it's not their problem and apple said it's not their problem. No-one advised of this when I bought the bike.

The problem is I love it, I Have had 6 of them and they just keep getting better and better, it's the best bike I have had, but I have to now consider selling it as I can't leave it anywhere because I have no idea of it will be there when I get back. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

that's no good, I assume it was an RID device to enable the ignition?

even cars with this are being stolen due to the scumbags cloning them from your front door 

I think it's safe to say that we all feel for you when it comes to having your bike stolen or interfered with. And it's not much consolation when the manufacturer say's it's not their problem and washes their hands of it. There is after all only so much you can do to protect your bike, if someone want's it then they will take it I'm afraid, these shithouses are just in it for the joyride or to strip it for parts and don't really care that you have spent your hard earned on it. I'm pretty sure you have considered lot's of ways to secure the bike and to be honest no one on here will be able to help with a certain way to keep it out of the hands of these people, Try a ground anchor and a rated chain, not saying that will work but other than having it guarded at night by a bloke sat outside your house there's not a lot else that can be done. Hope you find a solution and they don't come back again, if you make it difficult to steal then usually they move on to easier pickings. Good luck anyway.

Same with all security you cannot ever completely prevent something being stolen, you just make it harder to steal than somebody elses. Sad world we live in. The scumbags view of 'its insured'.

I hate it but we only have one world.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online