Ayr Classic Bike show Sat 15/06

This post is 1768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been and gone.

The day started like all others, pissing down with rain, then I got told as the wife is working, I had to run my daughter to the airport (look out Magaa) and then take my youngest to work, so I never got a start until around 1130hrs.

Kicks the auld bike over and heads off into the gloom, thinking 50 fkn miles of this, I must be stupid, but after about 10 miles the rain cleared away, the roads dried up and I had a great run down. The Trident was going so smooth I had to keep reminding myself to  slow down as it's a 44yr old bike. About 5 miles from my destination, I saw a guy pulled over at the side of the road, so pulled in to see if there was owt I could do. He was on a V Max (full power) and it had just glided to a stop. Plenty fuel and power to the ignition and lights but no sparx. Stood with him for about 10 mins whilst he got through to RAC then headed off.

I arrived at Ayr just over an hour after leaving my house and some bikes were leaving already, including catching a glimpse of a Vincent Black Shadow. In I went and had a look around then introduced myself to some blokes from the tr3oc. I took a few pics but apologies as they are weighted in the Triumph dept

426.jpg

427.jpg

428.jpg

429.jpg

430.jpg

431.jpg

432.jpg

433.jpg

434.jpg

435.jpg

439.jpg

440.jpg

443.jpg

444.jpg

445.jpg

446.jpg

I then returned by the back roads and took a few of my Trident

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

Edit// I think the two air cooled RDs were last years show (different cover on the carpet)

Oh and just realised you can do multiple uploads from postimage, so yeaaa

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Very cool, Jimmy. Glad you managed to get out!

At times on Saturday the rainfall was epic in Scotland. I got caught going through Glasgow in a crazy downpour, it came down that quickly it had nowhere to go.

• Like 1

you even got a bit O sun there.

Sometimes you just got to go and see how it turns out. 

All makes sense when the rain stops

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drewpy said:

you even got a bit O sun there.

Sometimes you just got to go and see how it turns out. 

All makes sense when the rain stops

Indeed matey, I was hmming and hawing about setting off and then thought fk it. As I said 10 miles in it dried up and as you see was a sunny return journey

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online