New Member from Washington State

Jayzee
This post is 1750 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello people!

Been around motorcycles for about 50 years now.  Early on I rode "OP's" (Other People's) as my Dad, as a young man, had a bad accident on a Cushman scooter (he woke up staring at an engine oil pan).  He announced, "No motorcycles under my roof!"  So, I didn't get my own bike, a used 1970 DT250, until I was 21, well after I established my independence.

I've had 15 motorcycles over the years (4 Yammers, 3 Geese, 3 Beemers, 1 Bultaco Frontera, 1 Royal Enfield, 1 Korean scooter, 1 French Scorpa trials, and a Ural sidehack.  Currently, I have five motorcycles under MY roof!  (Note to Dad...;-)

2005 Moto Guzzi 750 Breva,  

2015  Ural cT,  

2015 Yamaha XT250,  

2006 Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet, and a

2002 Scorpa SY250

Most used are the Ural and the XT250.  The Bullet is a nostalgic piece.  The Breva has been used for a few regional tours and is my "sports bike".  And the Scorpa is a trials bike and used for technical trails near my home. (I'm not the competitive type.) 

At my age (68) I don't know how many dirt bike years I have left, so I thought I'd better use them or lose them.  Thus, last summer a Scorpa trials bike found its way under my roof, and this spring,  the Yamaha XT250.  I am tinkering with the Scorpa (it suffers from deferred maintenance) and I am getting some "farkles" for the XT, which I would like to use mostly for around town and exploring trails ("I wonder where that goes...?").

I live on the north shore, at the base of the Olympic Mountains in Washington State,  USA .  Yeah, its rough duty but somebody has to do it...

JayZee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi JayZee, and welcome to the forum. (very friendly forum)
I'm about the same age as you (70) but only a virgin compared to your historical experience. Have only been biking for thirty years and have only had about ten bikes.
Anyway. Again a very warm welcome to the forum.
Mike. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online