Performance without extra power... :)

Cynic
This post is 1759 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, so HOW many times do we hear the pub championship winning tw@ say he has saved 3grammes from fitting a different headlight bulb.

They say losing a bit of weight makes all the difference, well after that diabetic business I had/have/er? anyway. From October I am now a trim  75kg, (around 12st). That's over 4 stone down.

Now this year my bike has felt a lot quicker, initially I had to change the suspension preload by quite a lot and it certainly goes a damn sight better. I thought my cock up fitting those wheels with a 40 instead of a 44 tooth sprocket would be on my to do list. Not a bit of it, pulls it fine now I have got rid of the flab.

That got me wondering,

130kg for the bike 105 (ahem) for me as a starting point at my worst. 235 on (lets be honest) 45hp. That's .19hp/kg

Now

130kg for the bike, 75 for me and 45hp. 205 = .21hp/kg

Or, in real terms, its worth around 11%, so not eating all the pies got me a right result.

Lot of waffle if you ride a cruiser or a superbike bit on a sensitive little bugger like mine its made a hell of a difference.

And yes I am bragging about losing a shit load of weight.

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Congrats on the weight loss but ffs if you want response and go fast buy a 'kin proper bike 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Honestly, on your bike I would be dead or in prison within weeks. I sold my 600 because I was riding it too damn fast. Destroying tyres drifting the rear, that was before cameras everywhere. If you gave me a 200mph bike, I would be doing 200mph. 

Thankfully I realised I would run out of luck, life or licence and bought the TDR. I can rag the bollocks of that and still be under a ton (mostly). 

I was just surprised at just how much of a difference it made.

• Like 1

I lost 2 stone and had to respiring the fz. The front hardly moved and pattered over the road offering no grip.

well done on the power to weight ratio 😛

Well done with the weight loss mate, really hard when your driving all day and the pies are calling :) Seriously 12 stone is a great weigh to be, not that you were a fat git before! Last time I was 12 stone I was in my 20s.

Related image

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online