Baffle removal. Fs1e

stuv50
This post is 1761 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys. Looking at trying to get a tiny bit more speed out of my fizzy. Heard people talking about removing the baffel out of the exhaust. How do I do this? Any links? I don’t want to do any damage and normally I just look on YouTube for any problems that I need solving. Can’t find any baffel vids for a Fs1e on you tube. Please help guys. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry but that will get you just slightly more than the square root of cock all.

It will just sound faster(ish). In truth it will sound like a fs1e minus its baffles. 

If you want it faster you can do it but you need to do it properly. Fully sorted the right way a fs1e flat out can punch a decent hole in 60mph providing you weigh the same as a hunt jockey. It will also not massively dent its value if you modify it properly, period aftermarket pipe etc. May even add some value.

Doing nasty teenage bodges will just ruin it like the teenagers (I was one ) did.

I have a micron exhaust off a ar80 that looks like it will fit. Need to fab up a plate but all good otherwise. Any ideas on jet size I should fit? 

Not the faintest.

Much as I hate sending people to other sites, have you been to www.fs1eoc.co.uk

If they don't know your goosed.

3 hours ago, Cynic said:

Fully sorted the right way a fs1e flat out can punch a decent hole in 60mph

Mine did .... on the clock.  Only with original FS1 mods ... from memory ... FS1 cylinder & piston, 16mm carb, HP FS1 exaust, and fiddling with the cogs but what number of teeth front an back has long vanished in my merlot infused brain.

Yes I was a stick then and that is 35 years ago 😎

The proper euro spec pots are best (60cc) with that carb and a good pipe. Cost you a fortune if you can find them. Got clocked on my dt50m at over 60. Spedo stopped at 50.

• Thanks 1

At the time there were also lads that tuned their FS1 with cheap imitation crap.  That didn't last long with plenty of seized blocks.

To the OP: do it properly or don't go there.  You may have to look on the continent for parts, if they still exist and/or are available.