dt175

stephencunningham
This post is 1772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys and girls 

my first post.I have a 1978 dt175 that came from Pennsylvania .It runs well but will not rev past 6k .Someone told me that some american models had a washer in the exhaust,is there any truth in this?

It is very low miles 2700  

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not that I'm aware of. Uban myth from the UK restrictions maybe. LC models had washers but don't think they went to the US. 

More likely on a 78 is your high speed coil is failing. Check the stator resistances. 

The 78 cdi uses 2 Coils one for low rpm the other for high. Known as a 7 wire system amongst owners. Yep 7 wires between the cdi and the mag. 

The approx point where the system switches over between Coils is 6k. 

• Like 1

Check the carburettor jets as US models seemed to have different jets to UK models or owners changed them if they were using the bikes at higher altitudes (according to Clymer manual it should be a 140 or 150, Yambits.co.uk states its's a 130).

Also make sure air filter is clean. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online