Thinking of dipping my toe back in...

jimmy
This post is 1774 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

to Yamaha ownership.

I just sold my auld Triumph and now I have some money burning a hole in my pocket

I am happy to go £3k on a bike and would be looking at something like an XS650. This is based on my mate owning one back in the early 80s when I had my 1st Triumph. I liked the look of them then, and still do

Any thoughts or opinions

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I do like the xs650 not sure on prices now.

have you thought about w800 ?

i know it’s a kwacker 

• Like 1

Mate.. 3k. You like the 650 looks. 

Lighter, sweeter handling and still not stuuuuupid money. 

A 350b would do it. Get a Propper good one for 3k. A better bike than the 400 if I had to say or be shot. 

Then it's a smokey and I'm biased. 

• Like 2

I did think about a stroker, as I still have my modern Triumph, so the other one would be for short runs, but I've always had a kinda hankering for the xs650, so it's an itch I may need to scratch

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jimmy said:

I did think about a stroker, as I still have my modern Triumph, so the other one would be for short runs, but I've always had a kinda hankering for the xs650, so it's an itch I may need to scratch

Totally get that. The tdr may get swapped for a vmax one day unless I can convince the wife to let me have both. 

Hi Jimmy I’m not sure what you’re thinking. You had the original and now you want to go out 3k on a copy. If I had the cash and lived in Scotland I’d be looking at adventure bikes and Triumph have made some crackers. Just my thoughts mate, it’s your money 

Ilike the XS650 Too, RD"s   are way too pricy now,  the 350b  is more vibey than the 400,[ not rubber mounted engine  mounts,] , the old z1000   is cheaper than the Z900 

25030_0_1_4_kz1000ltd_BobKohnSantaBarbaraCA.jpg

• Like 1

Yea, I like that as well John. Been looking at z1000Ltd on the bay of fleas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well all my talk of scratching itches opened up a deep itch.

When I was 18 I bought my first Triumph. A T140D, and it was fekking beautiful. I rode down to Shipley on the back of my pals Bonnie and when I saw it in the shop I was delighted. Speaking with the salesman he points to another bike and says, the owner traded in his bike for that there. I looked over and saw this thing of raw beauty and vowed there and then I had to get one.

Well 37 years later I took the plunge. Suffice to say the 3 grand I got for my auld bike ended up as a deposit for this

02.jpg

05.jpg

These pics were ones the PO sent me and no doubt I will get lots of my own as soon as I am off work

• Like 1

sUPERB JIM,, i"v ridden one of these, ,same style and colour, ,,  lovely ,,  i also rode piliion  on the 650 bonnie back in 1977 ,  as i broke my leg,,,[ bike crash[],, 

• Like 1

Ooo now that's very nice!

Maybe I need an old triple to go with my modern one

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

very nice, for some strange reason I prefer the BSA version though

• Like 1

Seemingly a better engine with the upright cylinders. But similar to the earlier Triumph T150's,  I do not like the "breadbin" tank.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online