Best battery advice

hisfadgesty
This post is 1798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

what would be your most up to date best tips, equipment suggestions to best manage a battery?

TL/DR:

I've just returned back from a two week holiday and the bike wouldn't turn over. I hooked it up to the charger overnight (I got the green light!) but still no luck. The bike is a 2014 build but just over 3k + a new battery just over a month ago.I've done lots of research online and I never realised how much care the battery needs - I think this is the same for fellow new bike riders. I live in a flat so no chance of a constant trickle charge/mains/overnight option - Office car park is secure but no power options either.

Thanks and look forward to reading your suggestions ?

hisfadgesty

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
3 hours ago, hisfadgesty said:

Hi all,

what would be your most up to date best tips, equipment suggestions to best manage a battery?

TL/DR:

I've just returned back from a two week holiday and the bike wouldn't turn over. I hooked it up to the charger overnight (I got the green light!) but still no luck. The bike is a 2014 build but just over 3k + a new battery just over a month ago.I've done lots of research online and I never realised how much care the battery needs - I think this is the same for fellow new bike riders. I live in a flat so no chance of a constant trickle charge/mains/overnight option - Office car park is secure but no power options either.

Thanks and look forward to reading your suggestions ?

hisfadgesty

Motobatt gel battery highly recommended (no real maintenance necessary) 

But a new battery  shouldn’t got flat in a month so you may have a charging problem. It might be something simple like a loose connection or maybe something is draining your battery like an alarm or some other accessory. I’d start with checking all connections are clean and tight and check battery with a multimeter.

I agree with Tommy, motobatt are great and priced really well.
I tend to get mine from yambits, as they are the same on ebay. save more money by getting other bits at the same time to save on postage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with all the above replies, but...................
.............If you want a trickle charger that you cant plug into the mains, as I cant do so I bought a solar powered one from Halfords.
And believe me it works brilliant.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online