Chain and sprocket

Morillo
This post is 1812 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening 

Getting a new chain and sprocket this week so just wanted to know if there’s any specifics in regards to what size sprockets to go for or shall I just go for a standard setting

if I did change amount of teeth of either sprockets is there any benefits or downsides 

???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you go up 1 on the front ,you"l get better mpg,, [ lower revs at cruise speed ]  but loose a little excelleration ,

use gearingcommander.com to map specific combos and see if a different length of chain is required.

20 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

If you go up 1 on the front ,you"l get better mpg,, [ lower revs at cruise speed ]  but loose a little axcelleration ,

Yup.  The FJ was slightly high in revs and MPG at cruising speed.  But with torque to burn on the tank I went up 1 tooth on the front.  The improvement was very noticeable. 

Did not need to change from the standard chain.

Edited by DutchFJ1200
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 9:43 PM, Morillo said:

Evening 

Getting a new chain and sprocket this week so just wanted to know if there’s any specifics in regards to what size sprockets to go for or shall I just go for a standard setting

if I did change amount of teeth of either sprockets is there any benefits or downsides 

???

In all honesty Morillo, we've all tried different combinations of sprockets. I.E. faster acceleration but slower top speed, or slower take off from lights but higher top speed.
The best thing to do is leave it to the manufactures specs. Believe me, they know best.

Edited by mike1949

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online