DT175MX INFO NEEDED

This post is 1831 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all please could someone help me, are dt175mx crank cases machined as a pair at the yamaha factory or can they be interchangeable.

The reason i ask is that i have two sets of cases & would like to interchange them to make one good set

Many thanks in advance, kind regards Ronnie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Ronnie, well I don't see why not, back in the day I swapped out a Triumph crank case just to keep the original engine number still leaked like a right bastard but then they came out of the factory like that! Just make sure they are straight, a large piece of glass helps with that, then at worst use a "SMALL" amount of gasket seal as a belt and braces approach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slice said:

Hi Ronnie, well I don't see why not, back in the day I swapped out a Triumph crank case just to keep the original engine number still leaked like a right bastard but then they came out of the factory like that! Just make sure they are straight, a large piece of glass helps with that, then at worst use a "SMALL" amount of gasket seal as a belt and braces approach.

Many thanks

3 hours ago, slice said:

back in the day I swapped out a Triumph crank case just to keep the original engine number still leaked like a right bastard but then they came out of the factory like that! 

No they didn't ;);)

39 minutes ago, jimmy said:

No they didn't ;);)

Oh   Yessss  they Diiiidd ...??‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

Oh   Yessss  they Diiiidd ...??‍♂️

Uh uh mister

In saying that my new(ish) Bonnie leaks but none of my auld yins did 

• Haha 1