Anyone use a tail bag?

Alex
This post is 1819 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

I've had enough carrying a backpack just to carry my waterproofs and disc lock, can anyone recommend a smallish tail bag I can leave permanently on the bike?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do Yamaha sell a specific one for your bike?

I use a tank bag that locks onto an adapter on the fuel filler, nice and easy to remove and I've got locking rings on two of my bikes so nice and transferable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I had one on the Tiger,   you have to hurdle the bike to get on tho ",  it was tall,  

I think Kriega sell something which may work? Don’t know if they can be left on the bike (and if they could whether someone would want to pinch it?)

If I do need additional storage then I just use a roll bag on the back, but as Blackie alluded to, depending on the bike / size of pack it can be an art getting on. I tend to mount my bike like you would a horse when it’s fully loaded.

A tank bag has my essentials in for quick access, but I don’t need to remove mine during petrol stops.

• Admin

Yamaha don't make a specific tail bag.

Ironically I didn't even think about a tank bag, even though I've had a bagster tank cover with mounts on for the last year. I've just kept it on to stop the tank getting scratched when parked amongst the bikes outside work.

I'll take a look but I don't think they do any tank bags which still give easy access to the filler cap.

Had a look at Kriega but they look like bags and I'm quite vain, I'd like something which looks like a small shell bag, similar to the hard shell type motorbike backpacks.

If you like that style, maybe try Givi? I just Googled on my work laptop and saw model number ST607 which is a shell design. Looks quite big (tall) though.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:02 AM, Alex said:

I've had enough carrying a backpack just to carry my waterproofs and disc lock, can anyone recommend a smallish tail bag I can leave permanently on the bike?

I was having similar problems a while back, didnt want a tailpack as I struggled to get my leg over the added height, tank bag stops access to the filler, so I bought a largeish leg holster, it takes all the daily stuff, phone/cash/discklock/keys. Depends how small you can roll up the waterproofs

• Admin
On 3/15/2019 at 7:37 PM, bippo said:

If you like that style, maybe try Givi? I just Googled on my work laptop and saw model number ST607 which is a shell design. Looks quite big (tall) though.

That would have been perfect if half the size

2 hours ago, neversaydie said:

I was having similar problems a while back, didnt want a tailpack as I struggled to get my leg over the added height, tank bag stops access to the filler, so I bought a largeish leg holster, it takes all the daily stuff, phone/cash/discklock/keys. Depends how small you can roll up the waterproofs

Still has the hassle of taking on and off, I'll eventually get the right tail bag, just harder to find than expected.

what about a cycling tail pack?

might have to adapt it, but might do the trick

• Admin
On 3/19/2019 at 2:38 AM, drewpy said:

what about a cycling tail pack?

might have to adapt it, but might do the trick

Nice idea, but my sexy one piece body condom wouldn't fit. Will have to just keep my eye out for the right tail pack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going slightly off on a tangent, can anybody recommend where I can get a backpack with only one strap? Not sure what it's called but It's a bit like a diagonal bag that you put over one shoulder and can swivel around to the front.  
Mike.

Hi Mike

You're referring to a MONOSTRAP bag or "Mens crossbody bag". Careful... crossbody bags on ebay is mainly ladies handbags/shoulder bags!

• Haha 1

Cheers Neo, don't want an Essex boys "manbag" maybe I'm not describing I't very good but I have got a sort of one I got from a petrol station about twenty years ago for about £1.99. But I want a more "robust" one with a buckle.
Mike.
BTW, the one I got from the petrol station is only held together by Velcro. I would preferably like it to be secured by a buckle. 

Edited by mike1949

Go on mike   go for the Manbag "  ?,   We all you  Navy guys were septable to the Rum-Bum & Baccy,   ?  On the subject   iuse a Canvas  style [work type]   but its not waterproof,  :thumb:

• Haha 1

Cheers Blackie. 
In my day it was as you said, Rum-Bum & Baccy. But now It's Juke-Jake & Jive.
Mike.

Edited by mike1949