Decompression

Dicky65
This post is 1854 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello I'm sorry I am asking about this on this site but I really need some help. I have just acquired a Suzuki sp370 either 78 or 79 don't know. she is a bitch to kick and was wondering if anyone knew if these bikes had a decompression valve on them. There seems to be a little lever on the cylinder head which I would expect to be a decompression lever but any information that I read about the bike doesnt say it has one.again sorry for asking about a Suzuki on this site.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't really matter what bike it is to tell the truth we like them all. My only experience of a decompression bike was an old BSA and that had the lever on the bars with a cable attached, I think they all had that as it would be a bugger to try and start the bike and find a lever on the head at the same time, might be wrong! been known to happen:) If your bike has a lever on the head then maybe it also have had a lever and cable at some time, folks were known to take them off.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. That there used to be a cable attached to the lever on the head going to a lever next to the clutch. But my dads bike has a decompression release and its attached to his kick so was unsure about this bike and with everything I have read this bike should not have one lol. But reading more and more  it might be that I have an sp400 engine on a sp370 bike. Which would make sense as the sp 400 has a decompression release 

Edited by Dicky65

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online