Forum update

Alex
This post is 1767 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Hi all, it was that time I was dreading, updating the forum software, luckily it all went smoothly! Few new things you might notice:

• Post before registering - allows new users to pre post and then register. Hopefully that'll help increase our members
  • Animated GIFs - Not sold on this, but I've had a few requests so let's see how it goes
  • Faster! - Lazy loading images and better image optimization

As always let me know if you notice any issues.

Cheers
Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Alex
I have had no access to the forum for the last week.  Clicking on it, on a variety of devices gave me the message  505 bad gateway. Was it the same for all?

Anyway get me realising if this forum died, I had no way of contacting some decent folk,.

FB seems a contingency so you'll get me there if you want, jimmy mckenna

• Like 1

• Admin

Hi, yeah there was an issue over the weekend, the hosting company auto upgraded Linux which needed patching which took the server down.

• Thanks 1

I had bad gateway

but just typed in yamahaclub.Com which took me to the site and then went n to forums and resaved the new link to my homepage

Me too,    just logged in ,    thought i "d forgot to put a Shilling in the Meter ,   

• Like 1

• Admin

Just to confirm, everything is ok now for everyone?

I wrote "FB seems a contingency so you'll get me there if you want, jimmy mckenna"

Fuck me that worked well. I was inundated with FB requests from all on here

Oh no wait, I never

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

The smilies    aint working  

Yeah I've noticed that, I'm still waiting for support to get back to me on it. Oh well we have super smilies now, animated gifs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Alex, Was there another tweek over the weekend. I notice I drop in and out of registration, and some posts show on the index, but when I go on the thread the post does not show

My computer is now showing me logged on as  Toutsuite

• Haha 1

• Admin
On 4/24/2019 at 6:03 PM, jimmy said:

Alex, Was there another tweek over the weekend. I notice I drop in and out of registration, and some posts show on the index, but when I go on the thread the post does not show

Yeah that should be fixed, there was another software update and I changed some caching settings to speed up the site. I didn't realise it was caching the forum pages which it shouldn't.

Are you still getting issues?

• Like 1

Seems Ok today Bud, fingers crossed

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 7:09 PM, jimmy said:

My computer is now showing me logged on as  Toutsuite

HAHA, i was you for a while earlier in the week.

• Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online