YOC Ride 3000

2 Wheels
This post is 1874 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a little challenge,,, nothing serious,,,, try to clock up 3000 miles on your bike this year. Take some pics along the way and tell the story of some of your travels.

What ye think? 

Who's Gona start it off !? ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

3,000? I'll be lucky. Only rode 1,500 last year on the fazer, and 300 on the virago. Sold the virago last summer cos it just wasn't being used, and i'd really rather let someone have it that would. Since I retired, ive found that I have even less time to ride. Odd, really. First grandchild on the way too, ill struggle again this year. Didn't help when my youngest broke her leg and I had the four horses and dog to look after though

• Like 1

I'll give it a go mate, should not be to hard as I visit my Mum every fortnight and at 300 miles a pop I should be done in about 6 months, plus of course the YOC weekend usually gets about 5 or 600 miles all in. Oh and yeah with my whizzy new camera you can come along as well. :lol:

Shure Pat,,. i did 1500 on DT ,AND 3200   on  the RD last year,,,  ?    where you living now ? 

Sounds good. This year I’ve signed up to get the list of destinations that the UK Iron Butt lot would have chosen from during a 48 hour rally last year. The destinations are all across the UK (about 90 in total) and the aim is to complete as many as possible throughout the year. I have to take a pic at each destination.

• Like 1

I remember BSH Magazine used to do a "Landmarks" piece each year. As it says on the tin, they would list a number of well known landmarks throughout UK and Eire and you would visit as many as possible taking a pic with your bike at each one. I never completed it, but did make a few. Never got a landmark pic published, but did get this one in there (with a suitably smutty comment about over excitement ? )

So maybe mixing 2 wheels and Bipps ideas, doing the 3k miles with interesting places and not just going to work

155.jpg

I've ordered a new bike to collect next month, so plan on getting plenty of miles in on it (when the weather turns)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

Looking at that pic jim" i see an XS650,,,, , japs made a good copy .eh, 

Much as I hate to admit it john, my understanding is that Triumph (meriden) copied the xs 650 for this model (T140D Special)

• Like 1

Great

My old horse is currently sitting at 41412 miles. I should do 3000 no problem. I commute every day on bike at a round trip of 48 miles but I won't count these miles as part of the 3k (I'm so honest). I was gonna say 5k but 3k is more realistic for us lot,,,, apart from pliningas,,,,

Hey Blackie, how you keeping,,,,,, lots of snow up your way?? I'm still in Essex/London border slaving away and working in London central. It's like having a death wish every day filtering,,,, cyclists, people and scooters are the worst, they come at you from all directions crossing roads without even looking. (anyway that's enough about that). 

The Landmarks and Iron Butt thing sound good.

Happy Trails,,,,,,,pat

• Like 2

On 2/2/2019 at 12:55 PM, jimmy said:

I remember BSH Magazine used to do a "Landmarks" piece each year. As it says on the tin, they would list a number of well known landmarks throughout UK and Eire and you would visit as many as possible taking a pic with your bike at each one. I never completed it, but did make a few. Never got a landmark pic published, but did get this one in there (with a suitably smutty comment about over excitement ? )

So maybe mixing 2 wheels and Bipps ideas, doing the 3k miles with interesting places and not just going to work

155.jpg

Sounds like an idea. Don't use my bike for work much at all. 

It's 16 mile each way along a dead straight road. With unlocking the garage, the bike and putting on leathers it takes 15min longer. And the bike does 10mpg less plus oil than the car. 

The 3k miles thing sounds fun though. Esp with landmarks. 

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online