Fzs600 carb jetting and rad hoses

David pittaway
This post is 1884 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all Help needed I’ve stripped and rebuilt my fzs600 had it running today running a little rough I’ve channged the air box to k&n cones so I think carbs need retting way jets should I use also I can’t remember we’re the little hose goes from the rad ? could some one point me in the  right direction cheers Dave 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Hi drewpy I did think that but if it’s not connected it will keep running fluid out I thought I took a picture [emoji2962]
Whereabouts does it go to on the rad? Does it attach underneath the filler cap?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No the filler is a separate piece. The pipe I’m on about is just underneath the top hose on the rad 
025675AC-E98C-4651-82D6-3C424E399D8E.jpeg.f3e7c8fe75eb8a6e5bbec4d896de2b28.jpeg
Should it connect to the carbs? Could be a warming hose, or the oil cooler if it has one?

From doing some googling, definitely appears to be for carb warming. You could disconnect both and blank them off. Unless you live in Alaska I can't see carb icing being a problem.

I did think carb, but the browser had a fit and wouldn't let me post.

As its the works PC sometimes the photo doesn't appear.

Carb icing can occur at any time regardless of the outside temp, if you have the fittings for it then use it as it is usually only fitted to bikes that have been prone to it. This can also operate as an extra kind of preheater to help the bike run in cold morning starts, reduces the need for long runs on choke.

Warm days it won't happen. I have taken the heater circuit of my tdr with no issues unless there is really cold air. 

I had a 350 that was sensitive to ice. My DT is too but only when it's really cold. 

I know my DT has it, mines still in use but I know plenty of people who don't bother with it without any issues

Aye, it's carb warmer, goes onto little steel pipe in-between carbs 3+4 (right hand side).

The jetting you will just have to play around with it untill you get it right. Start from standard jetting and go from there.