Pig in a POKE

This post is 1918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just went and looked at a old Yamaha  1100 it is supposed to be a 1978 and the VIN has me confused.  2H7-008792 (etched on the engine).  All I can find is a 2H8 at all for a Yamaha anything It has a few issues like surface rust on all the chrome and a rear brake that has the cylinder froze up but it is pretty much all there and does turn over and doe seem to have compression.  Before I dig it out and spend all my time and money on it I would like to know more about what it actually is.  I already read that some of the 78's were actually made in 1979 for instance.  It has leaky carbs but seems to have ran recently.  The original gas tank is there but not the one on the bike currently.  email me if you want to see the few pics I have.  [email protected] 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, Hi Will Smith. Your Intro is like an eye in the poke with a stick burnt.
As intro's go, Useless!
Mike.

Hi, i take it its an XS1100,  They proddy raced them ,,  bit of a Tank,,,, jimmy had one ...?

I loved mine. As Blackwell says a bit of a tank and as a relative short arse, I loved that. Took me all over Britain and Ireland on a number of times and never let me down.

The carb rubbers are expensive nowadays and as with any four, a bugger to fit.

Did I mention that I loved mine. It was everything my xs250 wasn't. 

• Haha 1

2H7 is the start of the part numbers for loads of 78 XS 1100 parts for sale on eBay/Gumtree etc, but if you follow this link, you'll also see that the Manual for the XS1100E references the model number 2H7 on the bottom right of the front cover page, so I'd be pretty happy your engines is a XS1100E motor.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-XS1100E-Factory-Service-Manual-LIT-11616-00-81-2H7-28197-10-A-/192704606721

Edited by Oldfjman

• 2 weeks later...
  • drewpy locked this topic
This post is 1918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.