Denali Soundbomb Mini

bippo
This post is 1943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all - just wondering whether any of you have bothered to fit a louder horn onto your bikes at any point?

I’m not really one to go around tooting at everyone and anyone, but particularly during the winter months I like to know I can be as obvious to people as possible if needed. Anyway - I’m heading to Germany this weekend on the bike and took the opportunity to buy one of these Soundbomb Mini horns. For under £30, and a direct replacement, I thought it was worth a shot.

My bike is a sports tourer (and a BMW), so direct replacement it was not. I needed to buy an additional wire so that it would work with the CAN bus and then bend the metal bracket somewhat to ensure it would fit without hitting the fairing. But with that done the results were obvious enough to get a thumbs up from me.

Basically the horn is more on par with a car horn. About twice as loud as the standard bike horn and a deeper tone so my bike doesn’t sound as camp. I did take a before and after video of the horn, but it doesn’t do it justice.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Bipps, I saw those at the bike show, really ear poppingly loud I thought and at £25 each a real bargain. The top of the range one actually hurt when you hit the button. Have a safe trip and lots of fun, hear from you when you get back.

Yeah Slice - the largest one they sell definitely wouldn’t fit on my bike. I think they’d be better suited to a large adventure or naked bike. I dread to hear how loud they are!

I foolishly tested mine in my lock-up (metal shipping container) with the door pulled closed. My ears were ringing for a while after...!

• Haha 1

sounds (sic!) good, may upgrade sometime next year.

I had to change the horn on my Qashqai as it was really embarrassing, twin  horns did the trick

Got to thinking about it after reading your post Bipps, so Amazon is sending me one as we speak, should have bought it when I saw them but too focused on the bikes to really get my head round it and as I have the entire front of the bike off at the moment it seems like a good idea to junk the pathetic ones on the FJR.

Got to thinking about it after reading your post Bipps, so Amazon is sending me one as we speak, should have bought it when I saw them but too focused on the bikes to really get my head round it and as I have the entire front of the bike off at the moment it seems like a good idea to junk the pathetic ones on the FJR.

Ahh cool - yeah it’s a simple, cheap mod. I managed to install mine with the fairing still on but thankfully my hands are small...!

I had a nautilus one fitted to my aprilia when I bought it, strangely under the pillion seat. Gave my Mrs a scare when I first tried it [emoji23]

Keep meaning to wire it up in my shed as an alarm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I’m back safe and sound from Germany - got off lightly with the weather, but my bike is filthy.

Also managed to try out my horn and am happy to report that it works! I was in lane one of the M1 and could see a distracted van driver in lane three who drifted to lane two with no indication. He then did the same with my lane - right by my side. A swift toot on my horn and it was enough to wake him up and make him stay in his lane. My stock horn would have been washed out by the speed. [emoji41]

• Like 2

Your  A legend bip"    :hail:.  well done,,,  and good on the horn. life savers they are ,,, dim-wit drivers?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online