New rider, newbie question..

3shapes
This post is 1971 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Just bought my first bike - a little ybr - and happily found this community.

I have a question about weather protection. I feel prepared rain wise apart from one issue: How do people stop rain going down/up your neck? Any tips very welcome.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,   its a grey area that, a snood maybe"   ,  i find most suits leak at the crotch ,,,:welcome:

Welcome along.

I wear a neck warmer- you can get some which have a waterproof shell. Failing that, get a Merino Wool one as that’ll still keep you warm when it does get wet.

Some jackets come with removable Gore-Tex neck wraps which would do the job the best I would say. However, I have one with my jacket but never use it as it looks like movement would be restricted somewhat...!

On 11/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, blackhat250 said:

Hi there,   its a grey area that, a snood maybe"   ,  i find most suits leak at the crotch ,,,:welcome:

Yup,  when you feel THAT first drop find it's way down there :ph34r:

As Bippo said. Definitely a neck warmer!!!!
Before I started wearing one in the Eighties I was riding home from work and a bee stung me in the throat and left his poison sac in my throat. Luckily I was in the Red Cross at the time so I knew what to do.I got home and with a pair of tweezers extracted the sac without pushing the poison into my throat.
So since then I've always worn a neck warmer.
Mike.

• drewpy locked this topic
This post is 1971 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.