Andy T
This post is 1942 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings fellow Yamaha owners, just a quickie to introduce myself, I have only yesterday stepped back in time and bought a 1990 RD350 f2, had a quick spin out today and loved it... a couple of issues to iron out but nothing major, hoping to exchange banter and info on RD's.

Hoping for a long and rewarding relationship with my LC

Andy T

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome matey. I bought a 4t back in the day and totally missed out on the 2t experience. Plenty of it on here tho

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2018 at 6:29 PM, Andy T said:

Greetings fellow Yamaha owners, just a quickie to introduce myself, I have only yesterday stepped back in time and bought a 1990 RD350 f2, had a quick spin out today and loved it... a couple of issues to iron out but nothing major, hoping to exchange banter and info on RD's.

Hoping for a long and rewarding relationship with my LC

Andy T

And frustration, expense, etc. 

I warn you now. You will hate it at times and love it all the more. 

Keep an eye on the coolant and change the plugs if you even slightly think there may be something off. Keep at least a pair of proven plugs for testing too. 

Enjoy. 

:welcome: Andy T, great bikes although I like the YPVS ones
Mostly 4T for me atm but would like a 2 smoke

got the frustration frown already! eventually set up the carb sinc but struggling with the oil pump minimum stroke...anyone have a video anywhere on setting this up.....a picture paints a thousand words an all that.

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Andy T said:

got the frustration frown already! eventually set up the carb sinc but struggling with the oil pump minimum stroke...anyone have a video anywhere on setting this up.....a picture paints a thousand words an all that.

Cheers 

Why on earth are you messing with that. Is there something wrong. That pump is as reliable as the sun coming up. They so rarely fail without owner help you should not worry about it. 

Hi andy ",   the F2    Its a valve aint it, half faired ?, :welcome: .  And jimmy didnt say what glorious 4T  he bought did he ,:chair:

Sorry guys, didn't say why I was fiddling with the oil pump, the bike wasn't running right, chucking out loads of smoke, I mean loads...and wouldn't  pull the skin of a rice pudding, firstly I had an issue with the throttle cable junction block, one of the throttle cables kept jumping out and the carbs wouldn't stay in sync, sorted that, carbs synced, swapped the jet needles out with the right ones for the bike, and adjusted the oil pump cable so the marks lined up..so far so good, started it up and it run so much better but noticed there was hardly any stroke on the oil pump so I set that up to spec...0.009 thou...happy days until...

The bike wouldn't rev to well above 6 thou, checked the power valves and the connector joining the two is well worn the left valve operates as it should ( being connected to the cables) but the right one doesn't move....bugger, so it looks like I now have to renew the power valves.

Can anyone shed any light on where I can my hands on a pair of PV's/bushes and seals?

Cheers

Andy

Fowler. Easy. Brace yourself though. The orange seals are 7 quid a pop. The o rings are around a fiver a pop too. It's around 70 quid to overall the pv. 

Worth it if the bike is nice as the power valve and carb balance are THE critical points to a nice motor. You will never have one without the other. Pv affects the carb and vice versa. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online