BLACK IRON PIPE!

slice
This post is 1970 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a question about where can I get hold of some 3/4 inch black iron pipe, the sort that used to be used for gas or water pipe. I need to support the FJR when I remove the centre stand and the rear swing arm, this years little job ! But I'm buggered if I can find anywhere that sells the stuff in the lengths that I want and with the threads cut into it. Any of you that can help out with a suggestion I will be really grateful. Thanks peeps.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Must be a blacksmith near you down in Cotswold land, the one in our village does all that old world type stuff, wrought iron, black iron etc. 

Thanks Cynic I will have a look at the local area and see what's there. NEO mate that's chuffing brilliant ! Never even thought to look on the bay. Nice.

Hi Slice, would a 5/8th diameter do? Just over 6ft  in length.

I've had this in my shed for about ten years, a bit rusty but if any good your'e more than welcome to it. I can cut into manageable lengths if required. Will try and send a few pics but not very good at that.

IMG_3646_zpsgkmvgviu.jpg

IMG_3645_zpsdkbk2hsz.jpg

IMG_3644_zpsosbxqmrt.jpg

12 hours ago, slice said:

Just a question about where can I get hold of some 3/4 inch black iron pipe, the sort that used to be used for gas or water pipe. I need to support the FJR when I remove the centre stand and the rear swing arm, this years little job ! But I'm buggered if I can find anywhere that sells the stuff in the lengths that I want and with the threads cut into it. Any of you that can help out with a suggestion I will be really grateful. Thanks peeps.

Charles Watts, in Rugby (check them out on t'internet), are usually very helpful in supplying lengths of pipe/bar/angle etc (their off-cuts are free, they just have a voluntary Charity collection box at the till for donations). They also carry out small works (for a reasonable price usually) such as cutting, bending, machining etc on metals they supply. 

I found them very helpful when making up brackets and spacers for my FJ 12.

Thanks for the offer Mike but I have contacted the guy from ebay that NEO put me on to, pipe on the way and cut to size as well. Again thanks oldfjman seem to have got it sorted but appreciate all of the responses you have all come up with.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online