Mileage going down?!?

Bewls88
This post is 1993 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a random problem as the title suggests. I bought a sr125 recently and knew it had an issue with the speedo not working.. but the bike ran great so was happy.  I've realised since riding around the block to figure out whats going on that the odometer is actually going backwards?? 

How is this possible? The speedo cable is fine if i turn the cable then the speedo works and turn it for long enough the odometer goes up correctly but for some reason my speedo drive is running backwards? Has something been set up incorrectly on the front end? It's a 94 model with disc brake at the front only. Any input would be greatly received.. Tia

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Bewls88, First of all welcome to the forum.

I personally can't answer your problem. I'm sure that somebody on here can. What might help you to get an answer is to first of all go to the "newbie's section" and introduce yourself. A lot of regulars don't like "one hit wonders".
Once you have done that, then go to the appropriate section, in your case I would suggest the workshop.
Hope this helps.
Mike. 

I've seen this once before when a mate put on a different wheel from another bike, whilst it fitted, the gearing for the speedo drive was on the opposite side and ran in a different direction.

Edited by NE0
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online