Yamah xt350 top speed

Zebb
This post is 1986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all , I’ve just brought an xt350 one owner from new 12000 miles on the clock. ? 

I’m wondering what sort of top speed people are getting out of there xt350’s I can only get about 65 mpg tops on a flat and I thought it was a bit low ? 

I have given it a full service and compression is good, it seems a tiny bit underpowered for a 350 single to me , am I wrong ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be a restricted bike, around 92-94 for some reason they made them 17hp, good for around...… yep 65mph.

Not exactly sure how they did it but carb limiters and or blanked inlet rubbers seem favourite. 

Hi, I've been doing some restriction hunting based on the pointers you gave me, I have had some luck...

1. Found a throttle limit screw - Stamped on it many times (while cursing) , launched it towards the bin !

2. Removed Carb Inlet Boots - look to be massively restricting as the inlet in the head is much bigger than the hole in the boot see link for pics on flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144645758@N07

3. Found some boots on ebay with no restricting tiny holes

4. Had a cup of tea and became smug ? 

This is the part where you tell me the bike will explode, burst into flames and destroy the whole of Oxfordshire, If I attempt to fit the new boots?

Edited by Zebb
  • Haha 1

Nope, its designed for 30bhp and 90mph and has restrictions with all the elegance of a kick in the nuts. Go for it. Keep an eye on the mixture as she may be down jetted.

My xt600 2nf had these. German import 27hp.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online