MT-07 gearbox problem?

JacobSCroydon
This post is 2021 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, I have a 2015 MT-07 which I bought used a year ago. It rode fine for that last year without any major issues. It currently has almost 16,000 miles on the clock and was fully serviced few months ago. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that about half way though my commute (12 miles each way) it's getting harder and harder to select Neutral; up to a point where I'm unable to select it when I stop at the junction. I have to select Neutral while still riding towards the junction. Never had any issues selecting Neutral before so it's not the lack of my skills ;-) Am I facing a bigger issue with a gearbox?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I guess first port of call is the clutch adjustment. Check that and adjust as per the owners manual etc, then try again. Its always best to start with the simplest, cheapest, and easiest possible solutions. Your next stop will likely be the clutch area, sometimes an oil change can do the trick, again, simple and not too expensive

• Like 1

yEH "  dont let anyone tell you its a gearbox issue, [ dealers i mean]   its Clutch drag,,,   as  N,S,D   explains,:thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online