Please help

lordjamez1973
This post is 2006 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok first let me start by saying hi to everyone n thanks forbtaking time to help out. Im kinda new to riding ive pnly been riding 5 years but its almost everyday. Rain. Below freezing. I love it. Ive rebuilt the catbs a few times but that about it. Oil and spark plugs. I have been lucky and in love with my bullet proof 93 seca 2 xj600. I love my bike n it killung me slowly noy being able to ride. I go to start it n it clicks 1 time. I got a new/used starter relay and a new/used ecm/cdi box. Its clicking at the startet relay how to test it i guess. Please help me get b a ckj\ here is pic of part that clicks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do you have the manual for the bike? it really helps if you know what should be happening from there. don't matter how any new/used parts you buy do you know the basics of fixing it? You have been riding it for 5 years then we assume you have serviced it and done all the usual checks so as above the battery and the wiring are your first port of call for this sort of problem. Take the starter motor off and test it on the bench, you can get a set of replacement brushes for about a tenner from any bike supplier, the brushes wear down and it is impossible to start the bike as the motor won't turn over.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 9:34 PM, lordjamez1973 said:

Ok first let me start by saying hi to everyone n thanks forbtaking time to help out. Im kinda new to riding ive pnly been riding 5 years but its almost everyday. Rain. Below freezing. I love it. Ive rebuilt the catbs a few times but that about it. Oil and spark plugs. I have been lucky and in love with my bullet proof 93 seca 2 xj600. I love my bike n it killung me slowly noy being able to ride. I go to start it n it clicks 1 time. I got a new/used starter relay and a new/used ecm/cdi box. Its clicking at the startet relay how to test it i guess. Please help me get b a ckj\ here is pic of part that clicks

Blimey!!!!
For a 45 year old Lord your not very good at spelling ?

• Haha 1