YOC 2019 Meet

finnerz89
This post is 1104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Looking forward to it, even better I thought it was still a couple of weeks away, realised I had fri/mon booked off. Yay.

Hopefully my gas guzzler wont complicate things, unless were being pretty boring 70-75 miles is all I will get from a tank. In its defence that is chasing 40mpg, in happy mode 20mpg is also very possible. Ahem. Can't wait.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
1 hour ago, Cynic said:

Looking forward to it, even better I thought it was still a couple of weeks away, realised I had fri/mon booked off. Yay.

Hopefully my gas guzzler wont complicate things, unless were being pretty boring 70-75 miles is all I will get from a tank. In its defence that is chasing 40mpg, in happy mode 20mpg is also very possible. Ahem. Can't wait.

loads of places to fill up on the route.

+for clarity, it's this weekend!

Edited by pilninggas

Worthy side note. I have been delivering in Wales a bit of late and I have to say the roads are really well maintained. 

Some are a bit small for my truck but I cannot wait to try them on the bike. 

Honestly you can feel the difference literally as you cross the border. 

21 hours ago, drewpy said:

What time are we setting off for the ride on Saturday?

1000 with breakfast 1035ish at Roadhouse - your mates can meet us there.

6 hours ago, Cynic said:

Worthy side note. I have been delivering in Wales a bit of late and I have to say the roads are really well maintained. 

Some are a bit small for my truck but I cannot wait to try them on the bike. 

Honestly you can feel the difference literally as you cross the border. 

Some of the roads are shite - as much variation as England tbh

Ok folks, my wife is home after the op safe and sound tho a bit sore but coping reasonably well. She said she will be ok for Saturday as my boys will be visiting and their girlfriends will be along as well so I am going to do my best to turn up like the proverbial bad penny somewhere along your route. If I leave home at around 7o/c I should be with you around 9ish? It's about 80 miles from me so a couple of hours should see me there. Can someone be kind enough to send me a contact number so I can let you know how I'm doing in case I get delayed. Thanks.

• Like 2

You can have my details, Slice. I’ll message you.

So glad you’re wife is doing well. My best friend is going through the same right now. Cancer it tough - particularly the treatment.

• Like 2

Thanks folks, got your numbers and will only call you if it goes tit's up on the way "Pulled by the bobbies or I break down" Stay safe.

• Like 1

good to hear about the missus Slice, will be great to see you there all being well.

It will be late in the evening before I get there

Smashin. Stopped in Malvern for fuel and a brew atm. 

Eta 5 ish I suppose. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pilninggas said:

my ETA is 630ish.

see ya then.

Here fine. Bike had a moan on the way but it was my fault. Beautiful campsite. Catching some rays as I wait for everyone.

Yep in Wales and it's cracking the flags. 

Bonus, cos we're all in widdle one man jobbies (or as good as) it's only 11 quid a pop. Not 17.

I'll see you in the morning, been trying to get the DT in for an MOT all week but no luck.

Will blast down nice and early tomorrow, aim to meet you for breakfast

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Before I say anything else "Thank you" to pilninggas for yesterday, just brilliant mate tho some of those roads were terrifying! but the views at the end were worth the terror. The "stop and wait" system worked great with just the one glitch, soon sorted out. It was fun to see you all again and I'm just sorry I could only make it for the Saturday, I really needed to end the day with a pint or three with you all.  got home around 7PM so just under 2 hours from when I left you all on the mountain top. I have a good lot of videos from the ride out and will stitch something together in the next few days and upload it when I can, hope you all made it home safe and sound and see you next year wherever that might be? Oh and I have some of Pat trying to climb the mountain on his fazer! yep I'm still laughing. :) 

• Like 5

Well, home showered and with a brew. Bloody good weekend. 

Fuelled up 7 times, 49litres in all, actually works out at 48 to the gallon over the 540miles I did. Refuelling at 75 miles seemed to be the best,

Some great roads and some amazing places. God knows how stuff gets delivered to some of those people. 

Only pain for me was thinking I would kill the current chain with this trip, bad move, set up a high frequency vibe that lost me several nuts and bolts over the weekend. Had to remove the other heat shield before I got home I think my hands will be numb till august, where next?

We should make it more than once a year too.

Oh, and all the rain we were worried about over the weekend, I think I got it all from just past Broadway for 90% of the trip home it absolutely fct it down. Other times just heavy, lol.

• Like 3

Back home in one piece.

epic ride taking in most of mid and South Wales as that’s where satnav took us.

great to meet everyone again and thanks to Mervin for organising it.

now for my photos 

Me on set off

n0wiDf0.jpg

Tommy and I at Lake Bala Yacht club. Special invitation only

0hTILiC.jpg

4G7rKz6.jpg

Dollgeau for chippy

tKoNJfF.jpg

Penmaenpool toll bridge

JEoKBsi.jpg

Llwyngwril over looking Barmouth on right

naCsEhT.jpg

Cdw3IKJ.jpg

Aberystwyth 

znq2pwW.jpg

QkynqS1.jpg

Cwmafan aqueduct 

2npkuee.jpg

Cracking ride up the Rhonda valley, just like Switzerland 

DBei9tI.jpg

Our campsite 

ZKC5CYS.jpg

ApNf2MI.jpg

Moon day after solstice 

Jqm6o9Y.jpg

Glyn Tarell 

0Rl81Kv.jpg

jMaA7Sr.jpg

Oasis cafe

WKPMJj1.jpg

2dIh32N.jpg

qQSgWhf.jpg

Pat’s hill climb

Unz5IVU.jpg

nQ6YAoI.jpg

CqGakJJ.jpg

Talybont-on-Usk 

t7N0F2I.jpg

Duke Nukem fixing his tdr 

aiuIJDN.jpg

Mine shaft at Capel Gwynfe 

iGKgAey.jpg

ELphkpo.jpg

OkImL3M.jpg

RCkUnhp.jpg

brilliant time 👍

• Like 3

Im home now too. The usual post weekender ablutions and tidy up. Pretty wet on the way home [perfect as far as I am concerned].

Nice to meet old friends and new faces.

We managed - bar a glitch - to stay together throughout - hopefully the pace was on-point. Always a win, when no one falls off or drops their steed. Getting up the Vale of Ewyas to Gospel without hindrance was spot on, i doth my cap to Slice doing on the FJR.

We do need to try to do 2 a year if poss. I do like Derbyshire as a standard as it's central and those roads are ace.

The NC returned 87mpg overall - i need to rag it harder....

I dont have any photos, thanks for putting yours up Drewps.

• Like 3

We got just a little bit of rain and it hardly wet the road so managed to get a jiggy on.

the A road was really nice and we turned off for Whitchurch and the a49.

Bips turned onto the m56 at Latham 

• Like 1