YOC 2019 Meet

finnerz89
This post is 1105 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
33 minutes ago, pilninggas said:

do i not make the list?

OOps, my bad.

I have often as not done it in the past. Habit.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:58 PM, pilninggas said:

I've built a caravan[!], so i might drop that up on the thursday night with a BBQ and booze in it. Not sure yet.

Would love to see caravan, did you build it out of timber?  I've often taught of doing this or something like a wooden cabin on wheels. Needless to say it never happened as I never have time to do much for myself.

BBQ, booze, music ? 

Hangover ?

7 hours ago, 2 Wheels said:

Would love to see caravan, did you build it out of timber?  I've often taught of doing this or something like a wooden cabin on wheels. Needless to say it never happened as I never have time to do much for myself.

BBQ, booze, music ? 

Hangover ?

its ply and sterling board with fibreglass over the top.

Well folks, finally got the date for my wife's op, it is the 19th of June so let's just say the chance of my being there are slim! I will try but it all depends on how she copes with the bloody thing. If I don't make it have fun and take some photos please. Stay safe.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

Are we all set for next weekend?

weather is supposed to improve next week, so looking forward to it now.

Tommy and I will be heading down friday day and usually make a day of it, so might do Snowdonia, Bala, down the west coast and head inland to Brecons

• Like 1

yes. ive got a route for saturday.

hoepfully it'll dry out - it's the wettest it's been for 9 months.

Edited by pilninggas

4 hours ago, pilninggas said:

yes. ive got a route for saturday.

hoepfully it'll dry out - it's the wettest it's been for 9 months.

If you"ve been watching Spring watch, its rained up here for 32 days   on the trot,  been out once on the bikes only,  ,fking depessing stuff  ,

And the forums on the blink  again,, i had to quote you to reply,,[ no reply box. And the page is massive, like its on 150% zoom ,

• Sad 1

Yea mate is fkn sh!te.

I got my Bonnie MOT'd in April and it's rained almost every day since, then I bought the Trident and by fk it's poured down....but hey ho it's Scotland what do we expect to see*

*cue Basil Fawlty and herds of majestic wilderbeests

• Like 1

wonder how far away this is?

do we have a Saturday evening meal destination?

https://www.hillsbrecon.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR0ML0kDhH3YaWDZfz1pel0EuFdUJU_jL81VMJ0uhWLW1_eCsVc2nralCoo

2 hours ago, drewpy said:

oasis snack bar is expensive and overrated. far better places for food and drink tbh. worth a stop for coffee, but not much more.

3 hours ago, drewpy said:

wonder how far away this is?

do we have a Saturday evening meal destination?

https://www.hillsbrecon.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR0ML0kDhH3YaWDZfz1pel0EuFdUJU_jL81VMJ0uhWLW1_eCsVc2nralCoo

im still tempted to go down the barbeque route.

I can bring one up and we can get meat, salad, charcoal, ale in Brecon on the way back on on saturday evening and do our own cook up.

But it's up to you guys if you want a meal somewhere - i can book something if you want.

If you"ve been watching Spring watch, its rained up here for 32 days   on the trot,  been out once on the bikes only,  ,fking depessing stuff  ,
And the forums on the blink  again,, i had to quote you to reply,,[ no reply box. And the page is massive, like its on 150% zoom ,
I've been in Scotland for the last week, tested my new waterproofs out that's for sure!

Are you coming down John?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, pilninggas said:

oasis snack bar is expensive and overrated. far better places for food and drink tbh. worth a stop for coffee, but not much more.

im still tempted to go down the barbeque route.

I can bring one up and we can get meat, salad, charcoal, ale in Brecon on the way back on on saturday evening and do our own cook up.

But it's up to you guys if you want a meal somewhere - i can book something if you want.

sounds like a plan, just need a backup if its persisting it down

2 hours ago, drewpy said:

sounds like a plan, just need a backup if its persisting it down

Its Wales and your using the word 'IF'. Did you not mean 'when'.

• Like 1

it only rains as much as England. When it does rain though it lashes down. Unless you are a Manc, in which case youll be used to it...

Saturday route:

Talybont to Methyr via the reservoir road - a lovely forested road with a 1500ft bwlch.

Breakfast at the Roadhouse in @ Pant.

Then onto the Black Mountain road from Brynamman to Llangatog. as seen on Top Gear - lovely fast flowing road.

On to Llandovery - we can stop at West End Cafe, if people want. A nice old school biker cafe.

Up the A40 to Brecon [always a good road and not always busy even on a June saturday!].

Down the A470, over the bwlch at Storey Arms. We probably wont be able to park on the pass, so a stop further down.

Back at Methyr, along the HOV road, A465, to Aber. Stop at Oasis for a brew and check out the bikes at the bus stop. Fuel up.

On to Llanvihangel Curcorney and up the Vale of Ewyas. Through Llanthony and Capel y Ffin. It's narrow so it may take a little time.

Stop at the Gospel Pass, the highest paved road in Wales.

Onto Hay on Wye. If you like secondhand books, youll love it. It's beyond quaint.

Back to Talybont with stop for supplies if BBQing. If rained off a curry in Brecon or food in Talybont [might be spendy though]

Sunday;

Talybont to Builth.

Builth to Llandindrod.

If you are going North, then you have to ride A483 to Newtown (Powys) - an amazing road with few silly speed limits and rolling twists and turns. Ill probably divert to Leominster [as going back south, toMonmouthshire] for lunch at the OK Diner[authentic roadside in the 50s yank style].

To add, so we dont lose anyone, well employ marker system and ill ask whoever is right behind me to mark junctions. The pace wont be full on, so we stay close together.

Edited by pilninggas

Sounds great.

i cycled up gospel pass to the youth hostel there. 

Peeps were taking photos of me. That was some climb 

I’ve managed to get my dog into kennels. Dropping him off on the Friday morning (11am) so I’ll leave after that. I’m currently in the process of drying out some very soggy camp gear...!

The route sounds good. I’ve not ridden in Wales before (well once, a good while back but that doesn’t really count).

I’m also up for a BBQ. Is there any chance of a gazebo somehow? I don’t own one but I have some tarp, poles and plenty of paracord which I could bring to try and fashion shelter if it does rain. Is that any help?

1 hour ago, bippo said:

I’ve managed to get my dog into kennels. Dropping him off on the Friday morning (11am) so I’ll leave after that. I’m currently in the process of drying out some very soggy camp gear...!

The route sounds good. I’ve not ridden in Wales before (well once, a good while back but that doesn’t really count).

I’m also up for a BBQ. Is there any chance of a gazebo somehow? I don’t own one but I have some tarp, poles and plenty of paracord which I could bring to try and fashion shelter if it does rain. Is that any help?

i have a sort of canopy thing, which if i come on my h*nda ill bring.

• Like 1

Bring it on,,,,, without the rain