YOC 2019 Meet

finnerz89
This post is 1104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So,

Who's up for it?

Any thoughts on when/where?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Last one was brill, thanks mate. How about down south somewhere or Devon - Cornwall area? Wales has some great roads as well mind you it pisses down with rain every 5 minutes but the bits in between are nice..! Only one thing for me really (yeah get it over with soft southern git) gotta be a B+B or hotel nearby.

Is there not something near you slice, buzz the Cotswolds and piss off Clarkson?

Id love to take the bike down the south west.

I’ll do my best to join you guys this time. By the sounds of it you did well with the Peak District trip. [emoji846]

15 hours ago, finnerz89 said:

So we've all heard emoji23.png

:finger:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Im open to hosting an 2019 meet at Chez pilninggas (or as I call it the Shite-house). I'm in Monmouthshire.

I have a few rooms, so not everyone would need to camp, but there is space outside for quite a few tents. There is even a B&B at the end of the road for anyone who doesnt want my cooking.

I would be happy to lead a ride into mountainous wales on Day 1 (saturday); the Brecon Beacons are 25 miles away and offer a full day of twists and turns and lead a ride back up north via the the Marches on Day 2 (via either The Malverns or upto OK Diner on the A49- the Northern Contigent can ride up home from there), so we could all go our own ways after lunch.

Let me know if that works.

Edited by pilninggas
  • Like 1

Im open to hosting an 2019 meet at Chez pilninggas (or as I call it the Shite-house). I'm in Monmouthshire.
I have a few rooms, so not everyone would need to camp, but there is space outside for quite a few tents. There is even a B&B at the end of the road for anyone who doesnt want my cooking.
I would be happy to lead a ride into mountainous wales on Day 1 (saturday); the Brecon Beacons are 25 miles away and offer a full day of twists and turns and lead a ride back up north via the the Marches on Day 2 (via either The Malverns or upto OK Diner on the A49- the Northern Contigent can ride up home from there), so we could all go our own ways after lunch.

Sounds good to me [emoji106]

• Like 1

That would be incredibly kind. I’d be up for that (dates depending) and I’d happily camp to free up rooms for others. I’ll even have room on my bike for a few beers to share [emoji41]
  • Like 1

Sounds dangerously like a plan. Im in.

Just don't pick Easter week cos I'm in Spain.?

• Like 1

A weekend in June [later in the month] is the best time, certainly this years meet in June trumped septembers in Yorks.

Longer days and warmer too.

I also live in a weird slightly isolated space, so we could maybe have a saturday night BBQ with outside music and over-revved 2 strokes.

Edited by pilninggas
  • Thanks 1

Sounding very good. Late June might be a no go for me if I get Glastonbury tickets

• Like 1

Sounds great to me, lovely roads in your area. If you have the post code then we can have a look on google maps. thanks mate your a star. :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slice said:

Sounds great to me, lovely roads in your area. If you have the post code then we can have a look on google maps. thanks mate your a star. :D

np26 5jd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure about that postcode, it's pointing very close to the end of the Severn Bridge - it doesn't look very isolated on Google Maps - would the neighbours be happy with 50 two-strokes revving their engines at night (plus the open-piped four-strokes) ?

Anyway, depending on the date, I think we could be up for a visit and a ride out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldfjman said:

Are you sure about that postcode, it's pointing very close to the end of the Severn Bridge - it doesn't look very isolated on Google Maps - would the neighbours be happy with 50 two-strokes revving their engines at night (plus the open-piped four-strokes) ?

Anyway, depending on the date, I think we could be up for a visit and a ride out.

yeah it's fine. i live at the far end.