Howdy

bippo
This post is 2041 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all - long time no speak, I hope everyone is well?   ?   Sorry I've not been around for a long time - I'm sure I've missed out on some meets.   I am still riding though and even went over to France on the bike this year - my first time.

Anyway, I'm not sure who of the regulars still frequent this joint...

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Bips,

good to hear from you.

Most of the gang are still here, missed a cracking meetup at Matlock. Tommy and I did the NC500 this year and picked some great weather.
riding abroad is great (did spain last year with Tommy) although what France we did I though they were very ignorant and not very friendly

Hey Drewps, great to hear from you [emoji106]

I did see you guys had met up in the Peak District, would have loved to join you but think I needed a little break from the area. Still I hope it was more fun (nicer food) than Squires which I understand is this weekend?

Well done for doing the NC500 - I probably did about two thirds of it on my Street Triple but funnily enough I’m looking at doing it in its entirety before the terrible weather arrives. Considering it this weekend, but it would be a condensed trip with camping.

Spain is next on my list (next year maybe). Perhaps I was lucky but I did 3000 miles in France from Calais down to the Pyrenees and back again and found the French so considerate and aware. I’d love to go back to France and explore in more detail.

Hey guys! [emoji847] glad to see you’re all still here.

Blackie - yeah it’s typical that the weather forecast looks crap. I was going to camp as well. Not sure what Bealach na Bà is like in the wet...

Anyway, I might reassess and consider another part of the country. I just fancy I final long jaunt before the weather really turns.

Hey Bips, glad the worlds treating you ok. Nice to see you back. :D

Thanks Slice [emoji846] hope you’re well!

Bealach na Bà,   is awfull  in wet, esp   if foggy,   i have only seen the top once in 3  trips to Apple-x,  ,  thers a small ferry at Corran ,5 mins and your over to Ardnamuchin ,peninsula   from there you can do Isle of mull [ 20mins ferry] ,   or loop right round to Glenfinnan,   viaduct and loch ,

,image.jpeg

Image result for ardnamurchan peninsula

Cool thanks - I’ve done the ferry at Corran before.

I’ve still no clue where to go this weekend, I’m weather watching today! But the dog is in kennels and I’ve just finished loading up the bike, so I’ll definitely be going somewhere. [emoji41]

Hi bippo glad you're still riding, this darn weather has fooked my weekend up , I was planning on going to squires to watch them set off but not join in the ride out. So I'm out with the dog instead this weekend

Hey Kev [emoji846] hope you’re well! Yes the weather this weekend was an odd one...

So I ended up going to Scotland and completing the NC500 in 2 days. To be honest I’ve done much of it before - but the first time doing it in its entirety and also the notorious Applecross Pass. What I did notice was the huge increase in traffic from tourism. A bit of a shame really.

Anyway, 1600 miles in total, and almost a similar number of midge bites from my overnight stay in Torridon. I’m back home now and ready to embark upon the mission of drying all my kit out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bippo said:

Hey Kev emoji846.png hope you’re well! Yes the weather this weekend was an odd one...

So I ended up going to Scotland and completing the NC500 in 2 days. To be honest I’ve done much of it before - but the first time doing it in its entirety and also the notorious Applecross Pass. What I did notice was the huge increase in traffic from tourism. A bit of a shame really.

Anyway, 1600 miles in total, and almost a similar number of midge bites from my overnight stay in Torridon. I’m back home now and ready to embark upon the mission of drying all my kit out.

I think tommy and I were lucky to do it when we did, wasn't too busy and the weather was ok for us too (ie we didn't get soaked)

I’m sure I did it on a weekend around the same time of year last time but then I hardly encountered anyone on the roads. Still, it didn’t spoil my trip, everyone was courteous so I can’t complain. The only numpty I came across was a caravan up on Applecross Pass. They had caused bedlam [emoji849]

Anyway - now for a couple of snaps. I hope these will work as I’m uploading them for the first time via the Tapatalk app...

The obligatory snap of my bike at the start of Applecross Pass...
155a7a60c27ec9052e27ca015d42958d.jpg

The breathtaking views (said sarcastically) at the viewing point up the top of Applecross Pass...
0a6bba75682653c58eb5097569755dc2.jpg

Not many scenery snaps en route as I was enjoying the ride...
627d4e0d1cbba57549d395a6de809f35.jpg

9b4acaf72334e2eba05dfc3945e686bd.jpg

And finally up at John O’Groats...
b377690617c1ad4d5c3ebd827eb1b8ef.jpg

Looks like I carried a lot for the total duration but the roll bag comes in the most use for stuffing a wet tent, etc. into it. Plus I took all food and water supplies so I only had to think about fuel. My top box was empty too in order to store my tank bag or lid.

The bike is due another service now... [emoji53]

• Like 1

the top of applecross pass was the same for us. This is the photo we took whilst there

zyguLJ6.jpg

mate has the F650cs a bit small for him, should have the f800

Ahh glad I wasn’t the only one with poor visibility at the top...!!

Yeah the F800 is a good size bike - I’m not cramped at all with the luggage and weather protection is pretty good. Not the most exciting bike but it does everything very well and without complaint. However I’m not tall and I actually have a different seat on which adds 4cm (so you can imagine how low the stock one is...!) even with this new seat I still find the bike very low.

I am considering replacing it next year, unless I could afford to keep it as a hack.

We had no rain for months,  and  you"s managed to find some,,? ,  .its bonnie up there if suns out,

wj2GAp2.jpg

https://imgur.com/wj2GAp2

https://imgur.com/wj2GAp2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online