XT600 1998 Intake

FinXT600
This post is 2055 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi! I ordered intake manifolds for xt600 1998, 3tb. I Got different which I had. Original intake has black airbox connected to intake manifolds and I got manifolds without connections to air box. Question is, what is this air box? Can I live without it? Why they add this air box to 1998-1999 models?

thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The airbox is the [usually plastic] housing that contains the airfilter. Typically it'll have an access panel to get to the filter or can be separated to get to the filter. It has two orifices [oo-er] one that lets free air in and one that connects to the carburettor or throttle body.

edit: Hang on the manifold shouldnt connect directly to the airbox. there should be a carb in between.

Here:

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/4155904/xt600e-4pt7-1998-050-a/intake

From engine: manifolds, then twin carbs, then tubes, then airbox.

Edited by pilninggas

No. I know airfiltter box. This box (size of cigarette box) is connected to intake manifolds. Why? Can I forget it and put intakes without that box?

That part is number 8 on previous message attach. Please, take a look, number 8

Edited by FinXT600

oh yeah, looks like an intake resonance box or balancer.

I'd try running it with the connectors blocked off. If that doesnt work well maybe a link pipe?

You could make something to imitate it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online