What is suggested running speed for YBR 125 and Millage

Javed Iqbal
This post is 2004 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Folks, 

I am new and I do not have enough experience with bikes, especially the new one, I just bought my YBR 125, I am curious if someone of you can guide me about the following

1- What is the maximum running speed for a new bike?

2- What is the mileage for a new bike to complete running?

Thank you!

Javed 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its heat cycles your after, do a few short hops, don't hammer it for maybe 50 miles, then stay off the red line for another 100 as on a new bike your running everything in so there 'could' be a manufacturing issue ( maybe an assembler left his lunch in the rocker cover). If nothing has fell of by 150 miles ride normally. A good guide would be to stick religiously to the posted speed limits for a few days and then let your caveman out gradual and you will be fine.

You can also ring its neck from day one, either works to be honest, any issues will affect somebody 5 years down the road when their 20k miles bike needs a set of rings.

Yes I'm being serious, you can run in or not. Modern bikes don't really need it, its how long you want/need it to last. Honda fireblades thrashed from the word go were shown to have more power than lovingly run in models.

I suppose you need to ask yourself, how much do you value the warranty because I guarantee the bikes computer will tell Yamaha if you tried to be valentino in the first 20 miles. Your question implies your already bored, Yamaha told you how far to run it in and you want to know how long it will take till you can spank it.

As Cynic said you really don't have to do much in the way of "running in" anymore the bikes are built with much closer tolerances than they used to be and they are ready for the road almost from the start. It does pay to try to be gentle at the start tho, just in case anything might let go, most folk put a couple of hundred miles on the bike then it's off to the races.

Usual checks are best done on a regular basis, tyre pressures and engine oil plus any cooling liquid that your bike might have, it's also is a good idea to check the nut's and bolts after a few weeks to make sure nothing is working loose. Other than that your good to go. Oh one other thing CLEAN your bike regularly, it might be a pain in the arse but you can spot a fluid leak much quicker if it's not covered in shit.

If you don't already have one then buy the manual for your bike, lot's of good info in there and service and check data helps you keep it in good condition. Don't forget any vehicle is worth more with a good service history even if you do it yourself.

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2018 at 2:08 PM, slice said:

As Cynic said you really don't have to do much in the way of "running in" anymore the bikes are built with much closer tolerances than they used to be and they are ready for the road almost from the start. It does pay to try to be gentle at the start tho, just in case anything might let go, most folk put a couple of hundred miles on the bike then it's off to the races.

Usual checks are best done on a regular basis, tyre pressures and engine oil plus any cooling liquid that your bike might have, it's also is a good idea to check the nut's and bolts after a few weeks to make sure nothing is working loose. Other than that your good to go. Oh one other thing CLEAN your bike regularly, it might be a pain in the arse but you can spot a fluid leak much quicker if it's not covered in shit.

If you don't already have one then buy the manual for your bike, lot's of good info in there and service and check data helps you keep it in good condition. Don't forget any vehicle is worth more with a good service history even if you do it yourself.

A second bit advice on cleaning, I would recommend some ACF-50 anti corrosion formula for the winter, brush it on all your chrome parts, ESPECIALLY the forks, and keep away from tires and brake discs for obvious reasons, then keep it on through the winter and any dirt or grime will stick to the ACF-50 and not your bike, as it forms a coating after you apply it that protects the metal.

Edited by Dannjones
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online