Yamaha Motocross Buying/ Servicing Advice - Newbie

Moto18
This post is 2048 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Newbie here so please be patient hahaha

At a crossroads now as to which bike im gonna go with.

I've whittled it down to two. YZ125 or YZ250F (New most likely and leaning towards the 250F)

Skill level.. Noob.

I've heard the "buy cheap and work your way up" many times. So please leave that bit out of any posts pleasee ?

Whats the best "servicing" process do you guys and gals go through after every ride or so too?  i do understand the level of up-keep on these competition bikes is extensive but im really looking for the absolute best process and best products to use. Dont worry about budget products. I'm really looking for the perfect process and who better to ask than all you petrolheads! ?

Also, quick vote!    which bike would you go for?   The 125 or the 250F?

2-stroke vs. 4-stroke?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I like 2 strokes  = cheaper to fix,  the Yz125   is a peaky motor,  and  needs to be ridden hard,  ,so 250f  for torque, and newbees i think ,,

2 stroke!

But im biased, if your not racing, crosser is a bit wasted really. Enduro would be better, still fast, road legal (ish) will do what any crosser can well beyond most peoples (honest) abilities.

If you have to have the crosser, their serviced on hours not miles, not many either.  Im at a loss to the actual numbers but its low. Oil change after each meet, prob a chain a meet too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online