NEW rider with new questions

Bigbossowen
This post is 1909 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I’m a new rider just got my full license and have just bought my first bike very proud to say it’s a XJ600N on a 2000 plate with only 5000 miles on it from new.

my question is it has be sat up for 10 years and I’m picking it up tomorrow what should I be looking for and doing with it when I am at the dealership 

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As above, you need to get the motor running before spending any money/time on it. Carbs cleaned, new air filter, fresh fuel, and I guess the battery will be shagged by now too. Make sure theres oil in the motor before you try to turn it over, ooh, and clean the plugs. That should keep you busy. If it fires up, dont ride it until youre sure the tyres arent gooing to blow, give them a real good look over. And check the brakes work

• Admin

Yeah make sure it's running first, change the oil and make sure you change the break fluid!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

how you getting on with your xj? they are nice bike and easy to ride

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online