nc500 day 7 Oban to home

This post is 1979 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the final day eventually arrives and Tommy has arranged Jimmy to come over and have some breakfast and to ride with us via his home

top of some hill

EiXWGbX.jpg

last shot of McCaig's tower

bez505P.jpg

Jimmy led the way to Inveraray. The Vital Spark replica in the backaground

pup3b6v.jpg

Droopy checking out his trump

YSX2IWj.jpg

the boys

0u0hsAY.jpg

mike and I need the loo

drvo4n9.jpg

tuQ6tXD.jpg

At jimmy's house we had a nice brew by his lovely wife and the Waverly came past. I lived in Devon and the Waverley was based there for a while. The last ocean going paddle steamer

MNECWKq.jpg

nice view from Jimmy's Hoose

we blatted along via Glasgow, refuling there and just took the motorway home into the wind, which was fine for my bike with a screen. Mike and Tommy struggled but we met up at the refuel stops.

that's it. 1663 miles, £178 in fuel and priceless memories. If you havn't done it yet, what are you waiting for.

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Brilliant report drewps,,  great pics  too, how did you find glasgow?,,, traffic,   be nowt compared with Manch eh?  

Brilliant review matey, and it was a pleasure meeting up with the 3 of you, oh and McCaigs folly is the local name

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Brilliant report drewps,,  great pics  too, how did you find glasgow?,,, traffic,   be nowt compared with Manch eh?  

just stayed on the main road, so no probs really

• 2 months later...

if anyone's up for Scotland, there's a new book out

https://www.tarmap.co.uk/

motorcylists guide to Scotland

• Like 1