New Member - Introduction

This post is 2077 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Oh boy. Humble pie is mine to eat. Just posted this to the bar area then noticed this section. 

So, here goes again.... ?

Hi folks and thanks for accepting a newby. 

Firstly, apologies for not introducing myself when I joined and as I can’t find a general introduction area - I’ll try here ?

I’m a Shetlander just returning home from a 34 year exile in Aberdeen. I got my first bike when I was 14 on 9th May 1981. It was a Honda XL125 and the hills were never quite the same again. I fell in love with my XL and bikes in general. Since owned a DT125LC, a BMW F650 and after he was stolen and torched, I got my Yamaha Fazer 600 S2. Loved them all the same but there is just something about your first bike that steals and holds a wee place in your heart.

Anyway, at 51 and heading home to the isles my Yammy has come with me. Not sure what else you need to know tho except that I love the outdoors, hillwalking, sailing, fishing, nature; motorbikes, oh... and beer. And, if anyone is visiting Shetland and want a bed for a night we have a spare room with two beds - feel free to kip down for the night. I live here www.shetlandcottages.co.uk which unfortunately won’t be available to tourists after October when we finalise our move up but will be available to visiting friends and fellow bikers.

Anyway, I posted a question in the electrical section about a battery drain problem I have with my Yammy. I’v now located the source of the excessive 0.3 amp drain to my instrument cluster via the red/green feeder wire which I’v disconnected with no noticeable loss of functionality but I’d really like to know what the wire is supplying. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Original post is in the electrical section if the forum  

Many thanks and much appreciated  

Cheers

Billy 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh dear, I suppose exile could be interpreted that I’ve been in prison or something, not so, I was actually working for Shell LOL 

#just saying ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online