NC500 day 3 Kinlockewe to Mey

This post is 2079 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so we go anticlockwise on the NC500 route taking in a bit extra. Mike is complaining about the milage so I start telling him its 5 hours travelling etc which does the trick

A9 was f*&cking boring

say hello and goodbye to IOM Bernie

DKQV3ud.jpg

first stop Tain and a 60's cafe called the sunflowers cafe, belting out summer 60's chunes

r77mEyr.jpg

svrPp87.jpg

gW4wpbb.jpg

ogSOV2m.jpg

just past Tain there was a place called Morangie, not sure why Mike was dying to stop there

wWkz5eq.jpg

Next stop was Tommy's fave place, Ardgay

NXJzR68.jpg

we then travelled off the beaten path along the A836 via Bonar Bridge. It was what we would deem a C class road, this went on for miles on single tracks with passing places. Suddenly we came upon an Inn in the middle of nowhere, Crask Inn

qKcQLg0.jpg

this was built in 1800's for drovers. it has its own water supply (and filters) with a generator (wondered why it was so dim with the lights) we had a great chat with Denise the landlords wife. the landlord was also a minister and had a church on the premesis.

8D26ZZy.jpg

this was the view from Crask inn and pretty much for a few hours riding

ioobzFb.jpg

the natives get in the way too

https://i.imgur.com/XN57vNT.gif

Kinbrace, where mike went for a pee and suddenly loads of traffic appeared

vP7PbqC.jpg

WMV7cvx.jpg

YEr86JG.jpg

then back onto the A9 and an afternoon tea stop at Berridale

EUALJXA.jpg

i had a massive eton mess cake (which I ate all of it)

then up to Wick and John O Groats

cA4Z6GX.jpg

XKxd9ff.jpg

x6jq9M9.jpg

s1j3wBD.jpg

7OiI94X.jpg

then on to Mey in Thurso and the Castle Hotel
I had braised feathersteak mmmm

rpMBsDa.jpg

Our hosts Mike from Liverpool, Mike and ? from east europe

g4Y5v15.jpg

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.