Reviving WR250F (2003)

j0hn
This post is 2114 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I'm trying to bring my WR250F (2003) back to life again which has been stashed away for over three years now. It was working great before then and I even wrote up a project about it on here around 5 years ago (https://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/37457-2003-wr250f-legalize-it-project/).

Is there anything I should be doing first and foremost before I try to start it? I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right in case something gets messed up in the process. The bike is stored in a locked building so there is no worry of the elements getting to it.

(1) There was almost a full tank of petrol in the tank (unless slowly evaporated). I carelessly left it in there without emptying it so I'm assuming this will need drained first?

(2) I'm not sure if the battery would be completely dead, I'm thinking of plugging it into my Optimate 4 to see if it can revive it, otherwise I'd have to buy a new battery.

(3) Air in the tyres, check tubes and lube the chains.

(4) More than likely the engine oil will need replaced?

(5) Replace coolant?

(6) Need to check if the brakes have seized.

(7) Will the spark plug still be ok?

(8) Go around squirting WD 40 for good measure.

Please let me know if I've missed anything other than the listed above or if any of the steps are unnecessary. I hope I don't have to end up pulling the engine apart and clean the carbs as I'm definitely not experienced enough to do that. Also fingers crossed the engine hasn't seized.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Change oil and filter, check brakes, fresh fuel. Then see what happens

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online