1st time caught speeding

meatloaf
This post is 2093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A couple of months ago after over 50 years of riding/driving I got pulled over for speeding for the 1st time, I admit it was a fair cop and I'm lucky I haven't been caught before. Can anyone tell me what the procedure is ?  i.e. does it involve a court appearance or can I plead guilty  by  post and how long is this likely to drag out before I know my fate.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just go on a speed awareness course if offered, no points then and you don't have to tell your insurance.

usually takes a few weeks depending on how fast you were going

As above it’ll cost you about ten pounds more than the fine and you have to do the class which seems to take hours & hours, made me late for an appointment and picked up another ticket (only joking) ?

Oh bad luck mate, as above speed awareness course is an easy "get out of jail" card. Loads of info on the net as to what the fine is likely to be, gunna be expensive whatever happens Meat.

Looking at the list if your only just over the speed limit then it's a sliding scale as to how much it will cost (usually based on your weekly wage/income) but if your really hammering it then a short ban is possible, starting at 7 days up to I think 56 days. Best to have a scout around the .GOV site on speeding.

Look here, it might help? https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/driving-law/speeding-fine-calculator

Pah, that sucks. Talk about fix it for the rich boys.

175% of my wages would suck big time,  I would be  hitting the cap, Beckam would have to pay a grand too. How is that remotely fair.

WHY IS IT CAPPED.

If you're only just over you'll get a fixed penalty notice, which will depend on how fast you were going and the speed limit. Also if it's first offence etc.

If you were WAY over then you'll be stung depending on income.

Have you had the letter through yet? They have 2 weeks from catching you to process it, otherwise it gets thrown out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Done a bit of research and 96mph in a 70 zone is considered to be way over and wont be offered a speed awareness course and it will involve a court appearance , being a pensioner my income is next to FA so shouldn't get stung too hard and from what I've read they can take up to 6 months to prosecute me, so I'll just have to wait I guess. The possibility of a ban no matter how short would be a real pain in the arse, luckily I wasn't  going over the ton (which of course I've never done) because that would defiantly mean using public transport to get about.   

Done a bit of research and 96mph in a 70 zone is considered to be way over and wont be offered a speed awareness course and it will involve a court appearance , being a pensioner my income is next to FA so shouldn't get stung too hard and from what I've read they can take up to 6 months to prosecute me, so I'll just have to wait I guess. The possibility of a ban no matter how short would be a real pain in the arse, luckily I wasn't  going over the ton (which of course I've never done) because that would defiantly mean using public transport to get about.   
Ahhh ok, you naughty boy! Haha.

Might be worth talking to citizens advice, they might have more information for you. Again if it takes them longer than 6 months I think you'll get away with it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online