How to install restrictor on XVS1300?

Mikael912
This post is 700 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, new member here on the forum. Got a question for you all.

Today I ordered a restrictor kit for my XVS1300 so that I will be able to ride it on my A2 license (35kw limit) but I havent the slightest on how to install it. I was hoping to perhaps get a few pointers or talk to someone who has done it previously!

Thanks in advance, Mikael912

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you sure it can be restricted down to that level?

I thought bikes with a certain displacement and power level aren't allowed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey man, yeah the limit for restricting is 70kw and 0.2kw/kg. After restricting it the bike will have a kw/kg ratio of 0,115 but will have the low end torque and higher gearing ratio than if i were to ride a smaller bike :)

36412436_10155968461017600_1781777026810

Edited by Mikael912

• 3 years later...

Hi there Mikael, ive had to join up and everything to hope that you see this message but where did you get your restrictor from as im looking the buy the same bike cant find where to buy them from, what year and model did/do you have?

You realise this is a 3 year old thread?

• Cynic locked this topic
This post is 700 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.