Thundercat Running Temperature

Leeb-12
This post is 2110 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

I have a Thundercat which is running hot when stationary (i.e. in traffic). The fan doesn't kick in until well into the red which I understand is common but it has actually boiled over before now.

I am going to change the thermo switch for a lower operating spec switch so just canvassing opinion on what would be the optimum temperature for the engine to run at please?

Any information greatly appreciated, 

Cheers,

Lee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On my FJR I have the same problem, most bikes do, I fitted a switch to the fairing and when it get's towards hot just flick the switch to turn the fan on. Saves a lot of faffing around with new thermostats and thermo switches plus you can test the fan without running the bike..! Just a suggestion, you might be happy to sod around with new bit's of kit and who am I to spoil your fun? :D

I put a car one on mine which I got from china, kept coming on half way and annoyed me with the noise.

went back to original and it comes on when entering the red zone--

Going into the red is definitely the quick way to omghgf or worse a banana shaped head.

A range of kawasaki thermoswitches fit and some kick in at 94/95 unlike the yam stuff that starts at 99.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online